Package Handler Overtime?

sept21

I recently started working at the La Mirada hub (3rd week).

My recent check shows I didn't get paid overtime after 5 hours.

Is it because I'm still in probation period and not part of union yet?

Local 396

If I am suppose to get paid overtime who do I go to fix it, supervisor or human resources?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.

Local 396

If I am suppose to get paid overtime who do I go to fix it, supervisor or human resources?
I am in the same local we get nothing.I think that only applies to preload

PT Car Washer

Local 396

FT sup and or manager. Then go to your Union rep. I understand that you may not be a Union member yet but you are in a Union bargaining position. The Union still has a responsibility to represent you.

Unknown1234

Local 396

I don’t think there is such thing as overtime pay after 5 for part timers. It’s after 8 whether you’re a part time or full time or unless you work your 6th day. I work at the same building and there is currently no HR if you absolutely must talk to HR about anything you can probably try your luck at Cerritos hub.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don’t think there is such thing as overtime pay after 5 for part timers. It’s after 8 whether you’re a part time or full time or unless you work your 6th day. I work at the same building and there is currently no HR if you absolutely must talk to HR about anything you can probably try your luck at Cerritos hub.
Almost everything in this post is wrong
81138A91-E260-4B6E-876A-C8CB446C619A.gif

pkgdriver

Our part timers get overtime after five hours.

542thruNthru

You're correct, he is in the Southwest sort rider and no there is not OT after 5 hours.

542thruNthru

Local 396

We do not get OT after 5 hours in our Rider.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Ot after 5 in preload/local in local 509

sept21

Thanks for all the replies.

What makes some locals stronger than others?

30 day vs 70 day probation period.
Overtime after 5 vs no overtime after 5.
I even read some locals get health insurance after 3-6 months vs 9 months.

542thruNthru

Thanks for all the replies.

What makes some locals stronger than others?

30 day vs 70 day probation period.
Overtime after 5 vs no overtime after 5.
I even read some locals get health insurance after 3-6 months vs 9 months.
Every area has good and bad. Let me just say you're in one of the best supplements in the nation...

PT Crazy

Guess what part timers who do not get OT after 5 hours. Next contract. Put in a proposal for it!! Your Local Union should have a meeting asking for Contract Proposals before they start negotiating.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Almost everything you said is wrong

meritocracy

Read your supplemental and rider. In my local, you get OT any time you work more than 5 hours in a 24 hour period. Double shifting = $$$

542thruNthru

Guess what part timers who do not get OT after 5 hours. Next contract. Put in a proposal for it!! Your Local Union should have a meeting asking for Contract Proposals before they start negotiating.
I do this every contract proposal meeting. I think it's because 90% of the membership doesn't realize other areas get OT after 5 that they never ask for it.... That and we get maybe 60 proposals turned in and that includes the mail in ones.