packages per hour

HandleThis

Sorry for the hijack but i need an answer from loaders/unloaders, what does it mean to be a "sweeper' in this area? Is that a demeaning position? Again sorry for the derail.

J

jibbs

Sorry for the hijack but i need an answer from loaders/unloaders, what does it mean to be a "sweeper' in this area? Is that a demeaning position? Again sorry for the derail.

You're a metaphorical broom. You'll move around to where the work is in your area, likely not having the chance to really get used to one job/responsibility in particular until a newer hire takes your place.

HandleThis

You're a metaphorical broom. You'll move around to where the work is in your area, likely not having the chance to really get used to one job/responsibility in particular until a newer hire takes your place.

Thank you for your response jibbs, so this means they don't respect me right? It was my first day hadn't even touched a package and the supervisor was dropping us off at different areas and took me to an area supervisor and said "he looks like he would be a good sweeper" and left me there, so i just wanted to know if i got pegged as someone with no potential or something.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thank you for your response jibbs, so this means they don't respect me right? It was my first day hadn't even touched a package and the supervisor was dropping us off at different area and took me to an area supervisor said "he looks like he would be a good sweeper" and just wanted to know if i got pegged as someone with no potential or something.
You're a seasonal....you're pretty much all pegged as having little potential...no offense.

J

jibbs

Thank you for your response jibbs, so this means they don't respect me right? It was my first day hadn't even touched a package and the supervisor was dropping us off at different areas and took me to an area supervisor and said "he looks like he would be a good sweeper" and left me there, so i just wanted to know if i got pegged as someone with no potential or something.

I doubt it. It's near-impossible to tell with most people whether they'll be a good fit inside the building by just looking at them. Some (read: some) of the hardest workers I've seen are scrawny little guys, and some of the laziest workers I've seen looked like they've got the size to be a pro linebacker.

I hate to say it, but you'll know it when you're being mocked/demeaned. There won't be any doubt in your mind to it, if and when it happens.

You're a seasonal....you're pretty much all pegged as having little potential...no offense.

Off the bat? Yeah. There's a few seasonals that already work harder than most of the more senior PTers in my center, though, and the managers see it. They may not be as accurate but there's a few of them that are definitely trying to prove themselves.

UPS Preloader

PPH requirements are not recognized. It's simply language used by management in an attempt to intimidate you into working faster. Don't fall for it. Doesn't matter what your PPH is, UPS will always ask for more. Just do your best to work safely and accurately.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Does anyone know the formula for PPH? I'm so tired of hearing "there is a specific formula.
CBV1.png

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Don't worry. You aren't special. UPS doesn't respect anyone.