paid holidays

StudleyDoRight

I am a new hire, PT package handler, Menlo Park, CA. We were informed today in orientation about being eligible for vacations, paid holidays, and personal days at the one-year mark. Also, that since we were hired prior to Nov 1 that we are not labeled as seasonal.

I’ll be taking advantage of the available hours during the holiday season, but are we able to ask for a single day off (even if unpaid) before we are eligible for those paid days? I’m talking about after the first of the year.

Mst3k

I am a new hire, PT package handler, Menlo Park, CA. We were informed today in orientation about being eligible for vacations, paid holidays, and personal days at the one-year mark. Also, that since we were hired prior to Nov 1 that we are not labeled as seasonal.

I’ll be taking advantage of the available hours during the holiday season, but are we able to ask for a single day off (even if unpaid) before we are eligible for those paid days? I’m talking about after the first of the year.
Unless there has been a change the past year, new hires do not get paid holidays for the entire 1st year of their employment. I remember a lot of very upset new hires when this last contract went into effect.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I wasnt aware you were on the 177 negotiating conmittee.
@UpstateNYUPSer
Breaking-News-You-Just-Got-Burned-Funny-Burn-Meme-Image.jpg