Panel hearing for termination

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Does the police department know this what you’re doing?

quad decade guy said:
Now, whenever I buy say, a gun from a stranger.....I run the serial number.......BEFORE I take possession and pay. I have a cop friend who does it for me.
Columbo.jpg

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It's ALWAYS hysterical when someone who works at UPS does something that UPS has seen MILLIONS of times and thinks they can outsmart UPS. This guys is lying thru his teeth about EVERYTHING,including being a driver. From his posts i'm betting He's a kid on preload that thought he was smarter than the Boomers .

I DESPISE hourlies who steal as it gives ALL of us a black eye to a management team who already thinks everyone is over paid and under worked. Thieves should get the Maximum Punishment

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I knew a 27 year driver who stole a cell phone from a package off the route next to his, as soon as activated it they busted him (I think it was ATT but it might have been T-mobile, either way my understanding is that they worked very closely with UPS security on any phone that shipped through us and came up missing). He was one of the last people you'd think would do something like that, like I said 27 year driver who came to work everyday and was never in any trouble and then out of the blue he throws it all away for a cell phone that cost less than what he made in a week. Never heard a good explanation for why he did it.

I knew a 27 year driver who stole a cell phone from a package off the route next to his, as soon as activated it they busted him (I think it was ATT but it might have been T-mobile, either way my understanding is that they worked very closely with UPS security on any phone that shipped through us and came up missing). He was one of the last people you'd think would do something like that, like I said 27 year driver who came to work everyday and was never in any trouble and then out of the blue he throws it all away for a cell phone that cost less than what he made in a week. Never heard a good explanation for why he did it.
Unfortunately sometimes people we think are good people, which they might be fall on desperate times

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
loss prevention's only job is to fire you no matter what, on any grounds, as invalid as it may be. It's just good business to them.
Processed at facility is way different from being handled by OP: We run 350 routes a day, entire city and beyond. Every single store on every strip mall get's their rectangular screen crap from us. Do not trust Loss prevention to be honest about the tracking of the package: They will LIE that you were in possession of the item.
Alternatively OP is lying themselves. But I like to let people shrug off the cops like a real homeslice.

Off the leash

It's ALWAYS hysterical when someone who works at UPS does something that UPS has seen MILLIONS of times and thinks they can outsmart UPS. This guys is lying thru his teeth about EVERYTHING,including being a driver. From his posts i'm betting He's a kid on preload that thought he was smarter than the Boomers .

I DESPISE hourlies who steal as it gives ALL of us a black eye to a management team who already thinks everyone is over paid and under worked. Thieves should get the Maximum Punishment
Maybe

Off the leash

I knew one driver with 16 years that would use COD money over the weekend to gamble, always paid it back but got caught, fired. Another with 20years used to let some businesses get their CODs without paying, just for a few days till they had the cash, caught and fired. Bottom line, don’t eff around.

Off the leash

Would deliver lots of nice crap but I'm going to lose my job for a $500 $1000 item
I delivered precious metals at a time when there was no way to really trace it. Everything was on paper no scans of any type existed. Tempted? Sure. But all I could think of is what if I got caught? How could I explain that to my son and wife? Not worth brothers, not worth it. In the end I figured integrity was better. Now that didn’t mean I didn’t watch the drivers parked next to me, cause that happened too. Drivers would steal from trucks next to them, to throw off LP. Trust no one.

Off the leash

I delivered precious metals at a time when there was no way to really trace it. Everything was on paper no scans of any type existed. Tempted? Sure. But all I could think of is what if I got caught? How could I explain that to my son and wife? Not worth brothers, not worth it. In the end I figured integrity was better. Now that didn’t mean I didn’t watch the drivers parked next to me, cause that happened too. Drivers would steal from trucks next to them, to throw off LP. Trust no one.
If you steal you cast doubt on every driver.

Method Mensch

Good afternoon everyone. I was terminated and awaiting a hearing next week at panel. I’m accused of tampering & dishonesty with a package. So here’s the rundown. I bought a Apple watch in early March and a month later I found out it was stolen from work in early February. LP asked for info and I gave them all I had. They said I need some proof on where or who I bought it from. I gave them info and now they’re saying maybe it’s a fake account from 2 years ago with a fake name & profile. In this package that went missing was the watch & 11 iPhones (LP told us). I’m not accused of taking the phones,just the watch. I’ve asked can they pull video to see and they said no they recorded over them already. My local is saying they feel like I’m screwed even tho I have given all evidence and ups standpoint is that they got me with the watch that I got proof I bought. What’s my chances and any info yas can give me to help. Thanks all
I'm surprised if you haven't already hired a lawyer. If you haven't, plunk down whatever money you need to in order to secure good representation. I have heard of a couple different situations where criminal charges were faught off successfully and UPS had to maintain employment. If you're truly uninvolved in any criminal activity, hire a good lawyer and fight like hell. It'll cost you a lot of money, but it could save your job.

35years

Gravy route
Ok,

If what the driver is posting about the details is true...

No doubt Apple reports the package is missing quickly. It is a high value package (over 10k) from a premium account.

UPS no doubt reviews and keeps the video footage. If there was footage of him doing anything it would have been given to the Business Agent. So if they didn't save footage there was nothing there, or if it shows the driver efficiently doing his morning routine whithout handling any boxes.

Tracking shows It was scanned on a different truck than his; then "processing" 12 minutes after driver start time. My guess is "processing" is an edited status once UPS finds out it was not delivered. Anyway, something happened to the pkg in the hub at 9:12.

Or perhaps it is the status for a damaged package not yet fully "processed". In that case the clerk would be suspect, but the driver wearing the watch is an easy target.

This status update at 9:12 may very well save the driver if he didn't steal it...What was his leave bldg time? After 9:12?

Ups knows the watch is out there...When it turns up on a driver they sit on it for 30 days so they can claim no footage exists, footage that would help the driver's case.

542thruNthru

Ok,

If what the driver is posting about the details is true...

No doubt Apple reports the package is missing quickly. It is a high value package (over 10k) from a premium account.

UPS no doubt reviews and keeps the video footage. If there was footage of him doing anything it would have been given to the Business Agent. So if they didn't save footage there was nothing there, or if it shows the driver efficiently doing his morning routine whithout handling any boxes.

Tracking shows It was scanned on a different truck than his; then "processing" 12 minutes after driver start time. My guess is "processing" is an edited status once UPS finds out it was not delivered. Anyway, something happened to the pkg in the hub at 9:12.

Or perhaps it is the status for a damaged package not yet fully "processed". In that case the clerk would be suspect, but the driver wearing the watch is an easy target.

This status update at 9:12 may very well save the driver if he didn't steal it...What was his leave bldg time? After 9:12?

Ups knows the watch is out there...When it turns up on a driver they sit on it for 30 days so they can claim no footage exists, footage that would help the driver's case.
His BA should be able to request point of knowledge from LP. A email from apple or where ever informing them of who has activated the watch.

Est.1998

So you spent $450 for new one and traded your old one for a bottle of whiskey and a case of beer?
Am I understanding your post correctly?
Might have been a half gallon of Jack and a case of Michelob Ultras!
Yup. Was gonna give it to him cause that’s my close friend but he said let’s get drunk atleast. Side note it wasn’t about wanting a better watch or anything like that. I just really like red. Cars interior, most my kicks, seatbelts in my car, lot of shirts. Just like the color red only reason I bought it
1625626402024.jpeg

I'm out You all can have fun with this one
1625626311141.gif

Federal Reserve Chairman

I worked 43 years at UPS before I retired. I was a steward for at least half of those years, so I have pretty much seen it all. I once had a part time sup that later became a driver. One day I saw him looking at a watch from a box that broke open. I told him to put it back in the box and stop looking at it because UPS likes to set people up with packages that "broke open." He looked at me with amazement. His nickname was powder.