Panel hearing for termination

Powder

It wasnt just a watch.. It was roughly $10-$14000 in hardware bud. Thats a felony off the bat not to mention anything else UPS throws on top of it. $400 watch UPS wouldve probably shrugged that off but theres no way they turn their heads on $15k.
That’s what we been asking them for. We asked for a police report so we can add his name in & they said we didn’t file. We paid out the insurance per my BA & local pres

Powder

Or roll on who ever he bought the watch from. There's gotta be phone records etc. Ive heard about how these investigations go over the years from Sr management lunches lol.. They have what they need. You just wont know what that is until you get there. Id most certainly not say * and let your lawyer do ALL of the talking.
Can’t take the lawyer to panel. Only can file after the fact.

Powder

Maybe not, you said ups said you scanned said package in the package car, so maybe they think you had somebody steal it after you dropped it off or something
I’m not sure what they exactly think. Package wasn’t on my vehicle. Shows got scanned to whatever truck it was meant for then shows it’s back in facility getting processed. But I’m a driver and loaders are who scan packages on car when loading not the drivers

DiadesSuk

Can’t take the lawyer to panel. Only can file after the fact.
Unions sound great until you're on the line for a felony lol. Be careful about what you say.. Last thing you want to do is be forced to leave your Constitutional rights at the door and accidentally say something that incriminates yourself. Good luck bro.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I’m not sure what they exactly think. Package wasn’t on my vehicle. Shows got scanned to whatever truck it was meant for then shows it’s back in facility getting processed. But I’m a driver and loaders are who scan packages on car when loading not the drivers
Ok good luck at your panel

BeefiestMass

I don't understand how they can fire you for this, or maybe I'm missing something. No reason to think you stole it, wouldn't make sense.

Powder

I don't understand how they can fire you for this, or maybe I'm missing something. No reason to think you stole it, wouldn't make sense.
Me having a watch that I can prove with messages from the seller should immediately been overturned. That’s there proof and all they have disclosed per request from BAs. Basically I’m guilty until proven innocent and need more proof. I asked if I bring that guy here how would you know that guy stole it or would you even believe it was him. Labor board said we don’t know what we would think. Pretty much sounds like a lose lose but I’m gonna fight it

DiadesSuk

lol possession of stolen property is a crime. the fact the stolen property was stolen at his place of employment is grounds for dismissal. Because logically, whats the odds that the OP messages a guy randomly on FB that he has never met and buys a watch that was stolen from his hub and possibly in his possession? Theres another probable cause there to terminate.

DiadesSuk

Me having a watch that I can prove with messages from the seller should immediately been overturned. That’s there proof and all they have disclosed per request from BAs. Basically I’m guilty until proven innocent and need more proof. I asked if I bring that guy here how would you know that guy stole it or would you even believe it was him. Labor board said we don’t know what we would think. Pretty much sounds like a lose lose but I’m gonna fight it
It would be in your favor to provide LE with that guys details and provide those things in a police report. My gut says UPS is trying to avoid a media circus or issues with customers. Who were the phones going to?

Powder

It would be in your favor to provide LE with that guys details and provide those things in a police report. My gut says UPS is trying to avoid a media circus or issues with customers. Who were the phones going to?
I tried filing a police report and gave his info. Got told from the detective I can’t cause I wasn’t frauded since the watch worked and I was ok with it. Detective stated ups has to file charges then I can add in 3rd party but since iOS hasn’t I’m stuck not being able to

Powder

lol possession of stolen property is a crime. the fact the stolen property was stolen at his place of employment is grounds for dismissal. Because logically, whats the odds that the OP messages a guy randomly on FB that he has never met and buys a watch that was stolen from his hub and possibly in his possession? Theres another probable cause there to terminate.
As for possession of property,since I returned the property once they told me it was stolen I can’t be charged per PA

oldngray

nowhere special
Best case is he would just lose what he claims he paid for the watch. Most likely is just fired without criminal charges.

DiadesSuk

Got some bad news for ya
Show up to that hearing and you’ll be locked up shortly after
At UPS it may wel be Guilty until proven innocent but if he really didnt steal them his lawyer will resolve the other stuff pretty fast. Hell if the union isnt even in your corner thats a bad sign.

Powder

Best case is he would just lose what he claims he paid for the watch. Most likely is just fired without criminal charges.
I’ll be honest,I’m not worried about charges. This is fully wanting my job back. I can always get another watch and even for the back pay, sucks to lose it but I’m not worried about it.