Panel hearing

km3

hello I have my panel next week on Monday I wanted to know will I be able to keep my job for attendance or is it best to start looking for another job this weekend

What good would looking for another job do you? You'll get fired for not showing up there too.

A bit of friendly advice: Start going to work.

Box Ox

I wanted to know will I be able to keep my job for attendance

Not a chance if you can't attend your hearing. You think the arbitrator is gonna vote in favor of your reinstatement if you were terminated for attendance problems and are not even attending your own panel? It's clearly a serious issue if the labor manager decided it needed to go beyond a local level hearing.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
hello I have my panel next week on Monday I wanted to know will I be able to keep my job for attendance or is it best to start looking for another job this weekend
u should just quit because your not going to make it to work if you get your job back

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
At my old UAW job we had a guy with serious attendance issues. They asked him why he only worked 4 days a week and he said it was because he couldn't live on 3 days pay. :) I don't remember if he got fired or not.

Tony Q

hello I work at the ups in Texas I have had an issue with attendance and have been givin multiple intent to discharge letters I have filed a grievance on all of them well I recently made my attendance better I only had missed two days three weeks ago well flash forward to two weeks ago I get a call from the BA saying they want to proceed with the discharge there will be a panel next week July 16 but it’s in Florida I cannot make it to Florida but I wrote a letter stating why I should be allowed to keep my job and the BA will represent me I wanted to know how long after the panel will I know a decision and will there be any hope and keeping my job I’ve been there 11 years also will UPS terminate me or let me keep my job
Right to work is a horrible thing. Look at what happens. You have to go to the panel, but its two states away.

Skooney

I think I remember @Inthegame telling that story before.

I had a part-timer that had 100 infractions, they finally gave him a warning letter and he quit.

We had a 22.3 guy in 2004 call in something like 120 times in 12 months. Including an entire peak season.

He called in sick for 2 1/2 weeks because his dog got hit by a car, and they finally let him go.

BrownThunder

No, you're f_cked.

Your wife is totally leaving this time.

Practice the harmonica and speed-rummaging, these are both skills that will serve you well as a homeless person.

Brohn Bron

I don’t really know your backstory. If your attendance has gone to the panel, it’s serious and maybe you should evaluate your priorities. Stick it out at the panel and show up. Show up on time in the future if you get to keep your position. Then leave on your own but on good terms. Part of growing up.

john chesney

Go to hearing very important.Be respectful and hopefully have a reason not an excuse for your attendance.Dont roll in with shorts and flip flops dress nice. You got a shot