Panel hearing

Integrity

Binge Poster
My friend, you are much bigger than the rest of us. A NCNS not only hinders the workgroup due to the loss of staffing not being able to be covered in a timely manner, but it creates an unsafe environment for the workgroup who now have to do more work in less time which could cause people to forgo the prescribed methods, take short cuts and possibly hurt themselves or another employee.

You of all, people I would have expected to be bothered by this person's actions.

This person absolutely bothers me.
I can understand why this person bothers you. This person doesn't bother me however.

The company has been at this for a long, long time. Having a proper call in list to offer extra work to man an operation is basic.

I know management are very bad at this, but tough.

The failure of your management team to correctly man their operations should not change how you do you job. You should do it the way you are trained at all times.

Don't let the mismanaging of the operation become your problem.

This is what bothers me. When management tries to make their problems the problems of their employees thus trying to pit one Union brother against another.

IESucks

I can understand why this person bothers you. This person doesn't bother me however.

The company has been at this for a long, long time. Having a proper call in list to offer extra work to man an operation is basic.

I know management are very bad at this, but tough.

The failure of your management team to correctly man their operations should not change how you do you job. You should do it the way you are trained at all times.

Don't let the mismanaging of the operation become your problem.

This is what bothers me. When management tries to make their problems the problems of their employees thus trying to pit one Union brother against another.
Yaaaawwwnn

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
In all seriousness, regardless of what guys and gals say on this forum, UPS offers a well paid career if you can forge one out here. I don’t know why you wouldn’t take it more seriously if your current FT job doesn’t offer enough that you need secondary employment. Maybe you don’t and just have the time to work, but it doesn’t look like you have the time and are squeezing in jobs for extra income.

As a PT employee, lateness and attendance records go against you if you ever want to go FT. There is an actual maximum figure (I forget what it is) of lateness before they will reject any future FT employment bid, once you become eligible after one year. That could also just be my area so others feel free to correct or back up that info for their area.

UPS offers a career, don’t mess it up if you’re not in a position to do better.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Duly noted.

How long should a person have attendance issues be allowed to retain their employment?
Our supplement deals with this. It's very open-ended language in some portions "every employees attendance will be looked at on an individual case by case basis" or something to that effect.

IESucks

hello I work at the ups in Texas I have had an issue with attendance and have been givin multiple intent to discharge letters I have filed a grievance on all of them well I recently made my attendance better I only had missed two days three weeks ago well flash forward to two weeks ago I get a call from the BA saying they want to proceed with the discharge there will be a panel next week July 16 but it’s in Florida I cannot make it to Florida but I wrote a letter stating why I should be allowed to keep my job and the BA will represent me I wanted to know how long after the panel will I know a decision and will there be any hope and keeping my job I’ve been there 11 years also will UPS terminate me or let me keep my job
Hopefully not.

cachmeifucan

Despair treatment if they are not writing everyone up I'm sure you can find 1 company guy who gets favoritism. Better take the bus to Florida

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
My best bet would be that if they get you to panel for attendance is that one of 2 things will happen. They will either follow through on the case and it will most likely you last few days OR they will settle right before they go into the room. The second option is based on your attendance in the next few weeks/months before the case is held. They could even postpone your case to a future panel while they wait to see if your attendance is getting better.