Parking Tickets ~ who pays for them?

HomeDelivery

in my area, the po-po will leave you alone if they see a FedEx or UPS logo stepvan double parked or stopped in a fire zone or what-not

some areas, however, have parking Nazi's... and if a driver gets a ticket, who pays for it?

the driver or the contractor who owns the route/stepvan?

----------------------------------------------------------------

also, if i'm in a rental, i'll make sure that they know it's w/ FedEx (by using those magnetic or stick-on vynil signs) & the po-po usually will leave me alone to run off my stops...

CJinx

Since parking tickets are issued to the owner of the license plate on the vehicle, one would assume that person is legally responsible for paying the ticket. Whether or not that person is in turn holds the driver responsible is an internal matter.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
at Express, the company always paid the parking tickets (although perhaps they'll start sticking that to the drivers now as well)

Doc Sorting Dude

Only parking tickets are paid for at Express. One driver blocked a handicap parking space and that courier had to pay it out of pocket because it was his choice to do that. He told me it was $600.00 but when he went to court' they settled for $100.00.

!Retired!

the driver or the contractor who owns the route/stepvan?
You should already have that straight with the contractor. Even though the burden eventually falls on him, I'd watch where I park.

In NY, Express pays them. I haven't gotten a parking ticket since leaving NY, but would imagine it's the same.

sjh

We (route owners) always pay the parking tickets, however our drivers lose one of their monthly bonuses if they get one.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
As "TheJackal" stated, in NY and other areas where parking is a joke, Fedex pays for the tickets. They actually "negogiate" a price each year.

If you're a contractor, got a feeling that one is on you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As "TheJackal" stated, in NY and other areas where parking is a joke, Fedex pays for the tickets. They actually "negogiate" a price each year.

If you're a contractor, got a feeling that one is on you.

At Express, Fred pays. In fact, if I have to double-park or otherwise park illegally in order to do my job, I always invite the meter maid, cop, or whomever is in authority over my violation, to TOW the truck away, the best possible outcome for me. It isn't my problem that Sales has given an inaccessible big shipper a late pickup where I absolutely must park illegally or waste 10-12 minutes circling the block trying (possibly in vain) to find a legal spot. And I have actually been towed several times. When the cop comes up with that smug grin telling me that he had me hooked-up, I shake his hand and say "thank you".

CJinx

I like taking pictures of Fedex trucks parked and unloading from handicap spots and blackmail the drivers the next morning.