PART TIME EMPLOYEES PL READ

saintrick

Could you please post the language in your supplement that supports this.

(B) After the completion of the full-time job selection procedure as outlined under seniority the resulting opening will be filled as follows:

1. Part-time seniority employees may bid on a permanent full-time opening in their building in all months, except November and December, providing they meet the same requirements as applicants for the full-time job. The job will be awarded to the senior bidding qualified employee on the transfer list.

(B) After the completion of the full-time job selection procedure as outlined under seniority the resulting opening will be filled as follows:

1. Part-time seniority employees may bid on a permanent full-time opening in their building in all months, except November and December, providing they meet the same requirements as applicants for the full-time job. The job will be awarded to the senior bidding qualified employee on the transfer list.

That just reads that the most senior person wins the bid, nothing about FT having more seniority than PT.

Indecisi0n

If you pass up a 22.4 promotion while waiting for a RPCD position. Said driver who takes the promotion will pass you up on the seniority list.

Example “Steve” the preloader who’s been busting his ass for four plus years and has another job/ family obligations on his/her weekend will be passed on the full time seniority list if he declines a 22.4 position.

Example “ mark” takes a twilight unload position accepts a 22.4 job six months in not knowing the ins and outs of what mark is accepting. mark passes everyone on the part time to full time seniority list. Mark is now a full time employee.

VoTe ThIS :censored2: DoWn!!
I heard Steve likes Mark.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

saintrick

No, what I missed is the part that outlines the procedure in your supplement/rider under "Seniority" because you didn't include it.

It is the same

(E) The Employer will post all new permanent full-time openings immediately. Permanently vacated positions will be posted on the first Monday after it has been vacated and will remain posted for two (2) calendar weeks. The successful bidder will be placed into that job on the first Monday following the bid coming down. Any full-time openings which cannot be filled through the full-time bid procedure, will be filled in accordance with Article 49 Section 2.

49.2 is the PT to FT list

FT openings are bid whiten class first then to FT and PT after that.

brown_trousers

If you pass up a 22.4 promotion while waiting for a RPCD position. Said driver who takes the promotion will pass you up on the seniority list.

Example “Steve” the preloader who’s been busting his ass for four plus years and has another job/ family obligations on his/her weekend will be passed on the full time seniority list if he declines a 22.4 position.

Example “ mark” takes a twilight unload position accepts a 22.4 job six months in not knowing the ins and outs of what mark is accepting. mark passes everyone on the part time to full time seniority list. Mark is now a full time employee.

VoTe ThIS :censored2: DoWn!!
If steve cares about those family obligations and spending time with them, he wont become a driver at all.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Did you miss the part "after the completion of the full-time job selection procedure"?

All full-time has a shot first.

Within the "Classification"...When a vacant 22.3 position is open for bid, it is won by the most senior member in that particular (classification). It will be no different with these newly created 22.4s, the chances of winning outside your classification is getting slimmer.

Once you sign up for these 22.4s your chances of any combo or inside work outside of driving will be almost impossible.

Kelgirl

He isn't saying he passed up a RPCD job. He's say that if a 22.4 has 4 years seniority and a PT workers has 10 that the 22.4 will get the RPCD job before the 10 year PT employee.

So no it's not like that here.
It qill be, He is correct, it's what was stated in the NEW contract. Go to a meeting, find out for yourself.

Skooney

My point is that you will be forced to take a 22.4 job if you ever want a RPCD position.

No more waiting around for a Monday through Friday driving position.

Not in our hub. Our supplements include language that allow us to decide what seniority list and how those jobs will come to us. Although we’ve been told time and time again we will not get these jobs because Saturday is not a delivery day for us.

badpal

Not in our hub. Our supplements include language that allow us to decide what seniority list and how those jobs will come to us. Although we’ve been told time and time again we will not get these jobs because Saturday is not a delivery day for us.
One thing i have learned is never to say never at UPS.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
In the Central, FT seniority trumps PT seniority. That will also be the same for any new 22.4 jobs. They will be considered FT.

When a PT employee does get to go FT, he is considered a newly hired FT employee and goes to the bottom of the seniority list.

Central Region Supplement

Article 3 Section 8

Qualified full-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority may select permanent vacancies and new permanent jobs as provided for in this Article in all months except November and December.

Article 3 Section 10

Part-time employees successfully transferring to full-time jobs will be considered as newly hired full-time employees and will be added to the appropriate seniority list. Their seniority date will be the day of the transfer.

542thruNthru

It qill be, He is correct, it's what was stated in the NEW contract. Go to a meeting, find out for yourself.

SMH

I really wish people would stop trying to tell me I'm wrong about my own language.

I'll tell you what. I'll give you the chance to redeem yourself before I post screen shots of the language that makes you look like a fool.

(HINT) it's even in the NEW contract in Article 22.4.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
They have to keep a guaranteed number of RPCD and they can only have 25% 22.4 drivers.
LOL, Mark my words, "the guaranteed number of RPCD's" will be less than 1/2 the number you see on the seniority list Monday morning!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
SMH

I really wish people would stop trying to tell me I'm wrong about my own language.

I'll tell you what. I'll give you the chance to redeem yourself before I post screen shots of the language that makes you look like a fool.

(HINT) it's even in the NEW contract in Article 22.4.

I was trying to find this information in the western, it seems pretty vague on bidding package car driver. Feeder bidding is pretty specific, part time to full time is pretty specific, and bidding on full time combo/inside is pretty specific. Based on the more specific language, it seems like classification seniority wins in bidding on a new job. Having said that, my BA was under the impression that 22.4's would get rpcd jobs before part timers. He's looking into it to verify one way or the other.

PT Car Washer

I was trying to find this information in the western, it seems pretty vague on bidding package car driver. Feeder bidding is pretty specific, part time to full time is pretty specific, and bidding on full time combo/inside is pretty specific. Based on the more specific language, it seems like classification seniority wins in bidding on a new job. Having said that, my BA was under the impression that 22.4's would get rpcd jobs before part timers. He's looking into it to verify one way or the other.
Art 22.4 would be a FT Union member and of course they would be eligible for another FT job opening before PT.