PART TIME EMPLOYEES PL READ

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Art 22.4 would be a FT Union member and of course they would be eligible for another FT job opening before PT.

The master doesn't state that and our supplemental isn't clear. If it's a past practice thing, then that's what it is. I'm just trying to clarify so I can properly inform people who think part timers with more seniority can bid rpcd over 22.4 with less seniority. That distinction could be enough to change some minds.

542thruNthru

I was trying to find this information in the western, it seems pretty vague on bidding package car driver. Feeder bidding is pretty specific, part time to full time is pretty specific, and bidding on full time combo/inside is pretty specific. Based on the more specific language, it seems like classification seniority wins in bidding on a new job. Having said that, my BA was under the impression that 22.4's would get rpcd jobs before part timers. He's looking into it to verify one way or the other.

I'm going to put all the language for everyone. In case others don't believe me like @Kelgirl

Starting with the Master TA. #10
Screenshot_20180817-164317.png

Here is the WR language. PT/FT list
Screenshot_20180818-161955.png

The new language in the Southwest Package Rider.
Screenshot_20180818-162254.png

So in conclusion a 22.4 will put their name on on PT to FT list to become a RPCD. This will make it fair for the PT workers that do not want to become 22.4s first to become RPCDs. RPCDs will be replaced by the highest company seniority PT/FT employee.

542thruNthru

The issue is that the pt guy with 3x the seniority had the chance to go ft , but chose not to .

Yes and his seniority gives him the right to do that. Seniority is what the union is based on. FT and PT is just words. Seniority is the Union.

Everywhere has different types of driving jobs. So I can't speak for your area. 22.4s jobs could be different everywhere. If a PTer has to wait for RPCD because his family life will not allow for a ever-changing schedule he shouldn't be punished for it after putting in more years than the other guy who's living at home and doesn't have to worry about a family.

That's just how I feel, other people feel different and that's fine that's why we have supplemental agreements

PT Car Washer

Yes and his seniority gives him the right to do that. Seniority is what the union is based on. FT and PT is just words. Seniority is the Union.

Everywhere has different types of driving jobs. So I can't speak for your area. 22.4s jobs could be different everywhere. If a PTer has to wait for RPCD because his family life will not allow for a ever-changing schedule he shouldn't be punished for it after putting in more years than the other guy who's living at home and doesn't have to worry about a family.

That's just how I feel, other people feel different and that's fine that's why we have supplemental agreements
So I, with 40 years PT seniority can outbid a FT Union employee with less seniority for a FT Union job? Not in my building.

reginald95

Are 25% of your drivers retiring every 4 years?

You seem to be missing the point here. They can’t just decide to out right solely hire 22.4 to do the job of a full-time driver. For every 1 22.4 they promote, the next 3 driving positions have to be a regular package driver.

Centers don’t have to have drivers retiring to recoup the position. As long as there is a need for drivers in a building, they will need to hire full-time drivers and 22.4.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm going to put all the language for everyone. In case others don't believe me like @Kelgirl

Starting with the Master TA. #10
View attachment 207882

Here is the WR language. PT/FT list
View attachment 207883

The new language in the Southwest Package Rider.
View attachment 207884

So in conclusion a 22.4 will put their name on on PT to FT list to become a RPCD. This will make it fair for the PT workers that do not want to become 22.4s first to become RPCDs. RPCDs will be replaced by the highest company seniority PT/FT employee.

Unfortunately my rider isn't so clear on that. Unless I missed something.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah, western region, jc37. We don't really have a lot of non-driver full time jobs, so the full time to full time language seems like it hasn't gotten much attention. Our area hasn't even seen Saturday delivery yet, so unless they really do plan to advance volume for Saturday delivery, I don't know that we'll see 22.4s any time soon.