Part time medical question

kingOFchester

Reading the new contract it would seem any part timer on the pay roll as of 1/1/2008 will get their medical. I started working 3 moths ago. Was suppose to get medical after 6 months. Now I will be getting the new UPS plan.......but will I have to wait for my 6 months or will I now get it after 1/1/2008?

a) Notwithstanding Section 1(d) above, effective January 1, 2008 health and welfare coverage for
all part-time employees on the payroll at that time and those hired thereafter will be provided
pursuant to the terms of an Employer sponsored nationwide health care plan, namely, the UPS
National Health Plan for Part-Time Employees. (A copy of the Summary Plan Description will be
provided.) Features of the plan will include a prescription card. This paragraph shall supersede
any provisions on the same subject in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum, including those
Supplemental provisions which require part-time benefits to be equal to or the same as full-time​
medical benefits.

Pollocknbrown

Make sure you cannot get your benefits sooner either, but in all of UPS' wisdom they said the same to me. I checked with my local and upstate NY UPSers dont have to wait 6 months, they just need 130 hours worked in any quarter to be eligible.

kingOFchester

Thanks!! so it seems because of the new contract I will not have to wait my 6 months!! That sounds good. Had the contract not gone into affect, I would have to wait until 3/5/08.

anyone else have input? Thanks:peaceful: