Part-time pay

542thruNthru

Sick days???
I haven't been paid a sick day in 32 years....and it's not because I have been healthy.

Here, if you don't work, you don't get paid.

After a year. 1 week vacation, 1 option week, 7 sick days, 3 FHPs.

Don't you guys get option days instead of sick days?

Staydryitsraining

Mine went up to $15 but the difference between where they actually are at and the $15 an hour is paid in a bonus.

We're still not sure what will happen with a $13 an hour contract now that all these employees are used to $15. Probably will be negotiated at the local level to be $15.
Has the turn over rate changed?

Days

@PT Stewie

Thats great. We need to make sure though that it continues. Not everyone is 20+ year part timer. We need to make sure that the contracts going forward keep strong.

Pickles

My hub manager was on vacation last week. Talked to her about the proposal and she was pissed to find out it was only $13 an hour.

My question is, so anyone making less then $13 right now will be getting paid the same as everyone being hired for the next 5 years since the new hire rate is going up each year? So will we have approx 8-9 years of seniority making the same thing? All at $15.50 at 2020?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
My hub manager was on vacation last week. Talked to her about the proposal and she was :censored2: to find out it was only $13 an hour.

My question is, so anyone making less then $13 right now will be getting paid the same as everyone being hired for the next 5 years since the new hire rate is going up each year? So will we have approx 8-9 years of seniority making the same thing? All at $15.50 at 2020?
no

Days

No. They'll be bumped up to the starting pay and then receive the GWI. PT will start 13.00, you'll receive 4.15 in raises over 5 years and make 17.15 in 2023. A new hire will make 15.50 in 2023z

If they aren't bumped up, and the 13 is just a minimum than you are correct. So if you make 11.50 now, you would get pushed the 13 minimum in August but the GWI would apply to the 11.50. So you'd make 15.65 in 2023 and a new hire will make 15.50

mikejonesjr

No. They'll be bumped up to the starting pay and then receive the GWI. PT will start 13.00, you'll receive 4.15 in raises over 5 years and make 17.15 in 2023. A new hire will make 15.50 in 2023z

If they aren't bumped up, and the 13 is just a minimum than you are correct. So if you make 11.50 now, you would get pushed the 13 minimum in August but the GWI would apply to the 11.50. So you'd make 15.65 in 2023 and a new hire will make 15.50
Not exactly. Pretty sure if you are under $13 you won't get your GWI this august. You will get the GWI or $13 whichever is more. So if someone is making $12 they will get the bump to 13 this year and that's it, then get GWI next year. So someone who has 2 years in now and makes $12 may only be making $16.50 or $1 more than a new hire in 2023 and they put in 7 years. It would seem.

Days

No one hired under the last contract is making more than 13.

Regardless, all part timersshould get a bump in pay of 1-2 extra dollars over the course of this next contract to offset this. It should be a 6.15 GWI.

mikejonesjr

No one hired under the last contract is making more than 13
I make $13 after 3 years, if you were able to have 4 years in before this new contract you'd be at $13.50. So for me I will start at $13 +GWI come when contract is agreed. Someone with 2 years in at $12 will bump to $13 and nothing more til next year

Days

@mikejonesjr you're counting the Pre-Load pay or sort dollar. The starting under the last contract was 10.00 and maxed out at 12.50. Starting wage for pre-load will be 14 and not 13. You're 50 cents under the 2018 starting wage

mikejonesjr

@mikejonesjr you're counting the Pre-Load pay or sort dollar. The starting under the last contract was 10.00 and maxed out at 12.50. Starting wage for pre-load will be 14 and not 13.
Ya I'm counting sort dollar then since that's what I've known, I heard they are getting rid of the sort skill pay so everyone is the same. Yikes someone with 4 years in w/o skill pay at $12.50 will make like 25 cents over a new hire later this year

Days

Omg you're right "the two tiered pay structure has been removed" does this mean that people getting the sort dollar will go down or everyone else goes up. If you're making 13.00 will you go down
12 or stay at 13! Lol and does this mean all preloaders got a 1 dollar pay decrease?

mikejonesjr

Omg you're right "the two tiered pay structure has been removed" does this mean that people getting the sort dollar will go down or everyone else goes up. If you're making 13.00 will you go down
12 or stay at 13! Lol and does this mean all preloaders got a 1 dollar pay decrease?
I'm confused. No decrease for preload or union guy would of said. I think everyone will stay the same whatever they are paid now