Part-time pay

Heffalump

in other words ups still has to follow the law regardless of the contract
But of course they do..bit if minimum is 13 and they are by chance super short staffed and the geographic area consists of high income people 15 would likely draw some people who wouldn't otherwise work here. Ultimately pooping on long term guys.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
But of course they do..bit if minimum is 13 and they are by chance super short staffed and the geographic area consists of high income people 15 would likely draw some people who wouldn't otherwise work here. Ultimately pooping on long term guys.
I'm not arguing none of that, ups still has to follow the law regardless

Halloween

It's in Portland. I know it's best not to give too much information out on here, but I feel safe saying that. Thanks for all of the information, guys! Also thanks for the welcome, I'm happy to start at UPS.

MAKAVELI

It's in Portland. I know it's best not to give too much information out on here, but I feel safe saying that. Thanks for all of the information, guys! Also thanks for the welcome, I'm happy to start at UPS.
Well unless you have language in your contract, your pretty much SOL.

Superteeth2478

I just got hired on the West Coast as a PT loader. New hires are supposed to get 15 an hour, but HR came in and told us that we might be bumped down to 13 in a month. :( I feel that 15 is more fair, because my particular area is very expensive to live in... She also said if this happens, everyone else in the facility is going to have their pay go down by 2 dollars. I'm reading/hearing different things about it so I don't know what to think.
That would really suck if they dropped everyone's pay like that, but I doubt they would be able to. I'd be surprised if they did.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I just got hired on the West Coast as a PT loader. New hires are supposed to get 15 an hour, but HR came in and told us that we might be bumped down to 13 in a month. :( I feel that 15 is more fair, because my particular area is very expensive to live in... She also said if this happens, everyone else in the facility is going to have their pay go down by 2 dollars. I'm reading/hearing different things about it so I don't know what to think.
It wouldn't be everyone, only those making more than contract allows for and also above state min. My condolences, btw.

It wouldn't be everyone, only those making more than contract allows for and also above state min. My condolences, btw.
The only reason UPS is hiring at $15/hr is because they can not hire anyone for less. Even then it is a revolving door. Do you really think they will have more quality applicants by dropping the starting wage?

Halloween

giphy.gif

The only reason UPS is hiring at $15/hr is because they can not hire anyone for less. Even then it is a revolving door. Do you really think they will have more quality applicants by dropping the starting wage?

If it goes down to $13, I don't know if I'll be able to stay. That might be a good starting wage in other cities, but not here. There are jobs at $15 an hour that are easier (desk jobs) and would pay my bills. I've just always wanted to be a part of UPS, since it looks more like my style than dealing with :censored2:ty customers all day. Just hoping for the best at this point is all I can do. I know I'm not the only new PTer that's upset. :/

About dropping everyone's pay by $2... maybe even the HR person is confused. Idk.

giphy.gif

If it goes down to $13, I don't know if I'll be able to stay. That might be a good starting wage in other cities, but not here. There are jobs at $15 an hour that are easier (desk jobs) and would pay my bills. I've just always wanted to be a part of UPS, since it looks more like my style than dealing with :censored2:ty customers all day. Just hoping for the best at this point is all I can do. I know I'm not the only new PTer that's upset. :/

About dropping everyone's pay by $2... maybe even the HR person is confused. Idk.

Im in the Portland hub too. I’ve talked to one of our shop steward and he’s says “they will not take $15 and hour away” take it with a grain of salt of course it’s just words, just passing the message.

Halloween

Im in the Portland hub too. I’ve talked to one of our shop steward and he’s says “they will not take $15 and hour away” take it with a grain of salt of course it’s just words, just passing the message.

Thanks for letting me have a bit of hope, lol. It's cool knowing people I work with are on this site! : )

Staydryitsraining

I'm confused. No decrease for preload or union guy would of said. I think everyone will stay the same whatever they are paid now
The company started new hires at 15 knowing the new contract would start them at 13. I would assume anywhere currently starting at 15 will not be getting raises until its caught up nationally.