Part time poverty

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Yup, I get up at 3am, i work 4am till 8:30, then drive an hour to my other job and work until 6pm. Get to bed by 8.

I barely break even on my bare minimum expenses. If it takes 10 years to make a good wage and have full time, then having a family won't happen in my life. It's not ok.
Get a better job.

Why do you deserve a handout?

You accepted a part time union position.
You knew it could take some time to go full time.
Not sure why you feel you deserve a better wage for essentially unskilled labor.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yup, I get up at 3am, i work 4am till 8:30, then drive an hour to my other job and work until 6pm. Get to bed by 8.

I barely break even on my bare minimum expenses. If it takes 10 years to make a good wage and have full time, then having a family won't happen in my life. It's not ok.
crying-woman.jpg

DOK

It sucks. Been working a full time job on top of preload for 3 years. Depressing to think i still have 4 more years of this bs.
You could always move to a growing city where they are hiring off the street. Or deal with what's going on locally. My center is hiring off the street. Our staffing is terrible. The only problem is that there are a lot of high paying jobs where I live. The northwest is booming. I just heard an ad on the radio that the construction union is hiring. No experience needed. Starting at 32 an hour with full benefits.

Fake News.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Here's a hint: No one else is going to solve your problems for you. I worked over 80 hours a week for over 5 years to pay the bills and work my way out of debt. Took me seven years to get a chance to drive, but I never took it for granted that would pan out. If you aren't constantly looking for ways to make your life better, you have no one to blame but yourself. Anyone who tells you any different is trying to sell you something, or wants your vote.

rod

Retired 22 years
If only that were true I would transfer there
Google it--surprisingly there are a lot of places that will pay you to move there. (Most of it involves the state giving you money for a house). There is even a town in Mn. that will pay up to $12,000 on a house if you move there. There are stipulations.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Yea, 7 years down the road. They give us :censored2: leaving 30 minutes early working a second job. How are you supposed to support a family on $200 bucks a week. If that.
If you plan on supporting a family on $200 per week then it's time to make some decisions. Get another job. Work 2 jobs. Get rid of that fancy phone. Cut the cable/dish. Live on beans and rice. Live below your means.

Last edited:

Hannah-banana

If you plan on supporting a family on $200 per week then it's time to make some decisions. Get another job. Work 2 jobs. Get rid of that fancy phone. Cut the cable/dish. Live on beans and rice. Live below your means.

I live as minimally as possible. I rent a room in a modest house full of people. I drive an old car. U actually do live on rice and beans most of the time.

I really wish more old timers would acknowledge this issue. Just do the math. When you started at this same job, at a similar wage 20 or 30 years ago, you paid 30,000 for your house, gas was less than a dollar per gallon, you could feed a family for a month on a hundred bucks.

Now that same house is 400,000. Gas is 3.60, and a month of groceries is more like 500 a month.

So great, I'm glad that worked out for you just fine. Where's the solidarity?