Part time supervisor dress code

Yorkdoyenne

This generation!!
They are brave enough to put extra holes in their faces ,,or worse, their bits n pieces,,, bit if you say something offensive to them, they need a God Dam safe room !!! Ahhhhh
Aww, what did I say about you guys being conservatives? Haha, you upload a question about policy and men get offended that you have piercings

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Aww, what did I say about you guys being conservatives? Haha, you upload a question about policy and men get offended that you have piercings

People feel the need to control others' behavior and appearance. It's part of cultural and societal evolution. People who look different than us likely don't share the same values and are an unknown, and the unknown is generally to be feared or mistrusted until it is better understood. This mechanism has proven useful throughout history, but can also lead to grave injustice. You can't blame them, they have yet to transcend their programming.

Yorkdoyenne

People feel the need to control others' behavior and appearance. It's part of cultural and societal evolution. People who look different than us likely don't share the same values and are an unknown, and the unknown is generally to be feared or mistrusted until it is better understood. This mechanism has proven useful throughout history, but can also lead to grave injustice. You can't blame them, they have yet to transcend their programming.
Exactly, thank you

SmithBarney

I'd actually say that you're definitely taking someone seriously if you're scared of them
No I don't flow in those circles, we're happy with the holes we were born with... Enjoy your holes, infections, cleanings, shooting water through your cheek at someone(that sounds fun actually) but if you are considering a "professional" career in management, I'd stick to the ink piercings folks can't see.

Yorkdoyenne

No I don't flow in those circles, we're happy with the holes we were born with... Enjoy your holes, infections, cleanings, shooting water through your cheek at someone(that sounds fun actually) but if you are considering a "professional" career in management, I'd stick to the ink piercings folks can't see.
Infections? Ooh, who do you know that doesn't take care of their piercings? And uh, I can't see the tattoos on my small sort supervisor's arms? Am I the only one? Weird that you don't have those kind of opinions about tattoos...

SmithBarney

Infections? Ooh, who do you know that doesn't take care of their piercings? And uh, I can't see the tattoos on my small sort supervisor's arms? Am I the only one? Weird that you don't have those kind of opinions about tattoos...

I don't want to really see your tattoo either, once upon a time having a tattoo or strange piercing made you rare, and different than the rest of society... you were a badass... now everyone and their grandma has one.. Speaking of grandma's I saw one one day with full sleeves, probably 80+ Yrs old, I though she was wearing a sweater...until I got closer and all the saggy skin that comes with age was tattoos....
Enjoy your tattooed face ML

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It is a moot point anyway.
Religion is a crutch for the weak minded.

If you believe the creation story...you believe Eve is a Transgendered clone of Adam

Why keep bringing it up unprovoked? You are free to do as you wish, of course, but writing oversimplified versions of misinterpretations of scripture doesn't mean anything. I'm as against organized religion as the next guy, maybe more than most, but if you want to talk scripture, at least have some idea of what you are talking about.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Why keep bringing it up unprovoked? You are free to do as you wish, of course, but writing oversimplified versions of misinterpretations of scripture doesn't mean anything. I'm as against organized religion as the next guy, maybe more than most, but if you want to talk scripture, at least have some idea of what you are talking about.

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.” Leviticus 19:28

Seems pretty clear

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.” Leviticus 19:28

Seems pretty clear

Out of context and not a precise translation. The entire passage is a list of practices heathens would engage in as part of their belief system, which God was commanding the Iraelites not to do. This included many things like not wearing certain hairstyles or blended fiber clothing, or the trimming of beards (eh? Religious exemption anyone?).

The issue of "tattooing" was in reference to a pagan ritual of cutting and marking one's self to offer a blood sacrifice for the dead to give them life force and to appease their deities. The God of Israel forbade His people from having any gods before Him, and marking yourself in this fashion was a sign that you participated in the practices of the heathens. This has very little to do with people who wish to adorn their bodies with images of Kermit the Frog.

Only certain sects of Judaism even believe in the idea of an after life, let alone hell. The term sheol is used most often to support the concept of an afterlife, and hell in particular. But the literal translation of sheol is simply "the grave". So God was not codemning people to hell for having tattoos. The concept of hell wasn't even a thing when this scripture was written.

Big Babooba

You'll go far

pierced.jpg

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Out of context and not a precise translation. The entire passage is a list of practices heathens would engage in as part of their belief system, which God was commanding the Iraelites not to do. This included many things like not wearing certain hairstyles or blended fiber clothing, or the trimming of beards (eh? Religious exemption anyone?).

The issue of "tattooing" was in reference to a pagan ritual of cutting and marking one's self to offer a blood sacrifice for the dead to give them life force and to appease their deities. The God of Israel forbade His people from having any gods before Him, and marking yourself in this fashion was a sign that you participated in the practices of the heathens. This has very little to do with people who wish to adorn their bodies with images of Kermit the Frog.

Only certain sects of Judaism even believe in the idea of an after life, let alone hell. The term sheol is used most often to support the concept of an afterlife, and hell in particular. But the literal translation of sheol is simply "the grave". So God was not codemning people to hell for having tattoos. The concept of hell wasn't even a thing when this scripture was written.
Well it is a moot point.
The bible is a collection of fairy tales and bullchit.