Part time workers

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Send him a soup offering
4EBE51C6-2569-4E53-80D9-C6F5E10438FA.jpeg

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U

Labelflipper

A lot to unpack here. I’ll start with part timers lack of knowledge on the contract and how the union works. I get it, I was part time for a long time and never really paid attention. And why should you? After 15 years I was making around $20 an hour and only bringing home $3-$400 a week. I’m not dedicating my free time to read through and learn the entire contract only making that kind of money. When you get full time and hit top rate and start clearing those $16-$1,900 paychecks, then it’s worth it to know your rights. Money aside, I found management left me alone when I was part time as long as you showed up. That is not the case when you’re a driver. They nitpick everything so you need to know what they can and cannot get away with.

As far as losing the MRA, it sucks man but know that part timers are the only ones who got such a kickback. If they kept your rate at that, they would have to sweeten the deal BIG TIME with the drivers the next contract.

I can’t speak for everyone but I don’t hate part timers even though I’m one of the worst offenders here when it comes to busting y’alls balls. It’s just hazing the new guy and we all went through it.

Welcome to BC, hope you stick around and try not to take things too seriously here. We bust a lot of balls.
Thanks. Appreciate your comments. I wish more part timers would pay attention, but reading and learning the whole contract though, you are right. Most are not gonna do that. I've only read parts of it, it's hard to understand alot of it cuz of how they word things, and I'm thinking that is on purpose, LOL. Didn't know they nitpicked drivers so much, until reading posts in this forum. It's too bad it has to be that way. We do get some flack from management about some things, mainly shutting off the belt. But we know we can do it cuz working safe is the main priority.

Hopefully when the new contract comes up next year, it will be better for everyone. We all deserve it.

Glad you don't hate part timers :)

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Thanks. Appreciate your comments. I wish more part timers would pay attention, but reading and learning the whole contract though, you are right. Most are not gonna do that. I've only read parts of it, it's hard to understand alot of it cuz of how they word things, and I'm thinking that is on purpose, LOL. Didn't know they nitpicked drivers so much, until reading posts in this forum. It's too bad it has to be that way. We do get some flack from management about some things, mainly shutting off the belt. But we know we can do it cuz working safe is the main priority.

Hopefully when the new contract comes up next year, it will be better for everyone. We all deserve it.

Glad you don't hate part timers :)
No one hates part timers…..we just don’t care about them. Sad