Part timer planning on voting yes: Change my mind.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
$15,000,000,000.00

....at least that's the "slice" UPS has agreed to part with.
I have to admit, when I was given this number of $15 billion, it's enormity made me take pause....until I realized that it wasn't an increase of $15 billion, rather the cost for the entire "tentative slice" of the pie.

The number I don't have, and the one I need to qualify this figure, which is what was the cost of the last 5 year "slice"?

rod

Retired 22 years
MAIN REASON TO VOTE NO.........Its simple---just like you should never take a car salesmans first price when dealing on a new car you should NEVER take the first contract offer. No one ever gives their best deal on the first offer.

pootnan242

When you use the word "whine" and post other condemning remarks about drivers that are probably way older and more vested in this company than you you've just lost my attention for disrespecting long time ups employees who are actually looking out for your and thousands of other part time workers futures.

You're either an arrogant 18 month employee or a troll.
How is this contract looking out for part timers. I posted another response on another thread. The full timers are only looking out for themselves. I have a family, 2 kids and my 7 year old has baseball games and Tae Kwon Do tournaments on the weekend. That is my only time to be with them as I work upwards of 55-60 hours a week as a lowly cover driver. The current contract as well as the new contract language says absolutely nothing to help our “part time” status. It benefits full time drivers and pretty much slaps the part time utility/cover drivers in the face in regards to home time with family, weekends, etc. sure we’ll have either Sun/Mon off however more than likely it will be Mon/Tue when I’ll have absolutely no quality family time with my family. Also to me the contract states that all full time drivers will basically be 9-5 and have to opt out of that meaning all part timers will have to pick up the extra work off our so called union brothers and sisters delivering right next to our area. Again I say if we are so called brothers and sisters then all of the drivers part time and full time need to be treated equally. I can foresee this is the beginning of an already us (part timers) against them (full timers) mentality as if that wasn’t already a thing. We already have no entitlements to 9-5 days, no way to bid on routes, and our measly pension is not getting any better with this current contract. Again, as a part timer you’d be a fool to vote yes on this. I for one am still sticking by my vote of no.

MAIN REASON TO VOTE NO.........Its simple---just like you should never take a car salesmans first price when dealing on a new car you should NEVER take the first contract offer. No one ever gives their best deal on the first offer.
I think they go into these things with a preexisting agreement between the two parties.

F

Frankie's Friend

How is this contract looking out for part timers. I posted another response on another thread. The full timers are only looking out for themselves. I have a family, 2 kids and my 7 year old has baseball games and Tae Kwon Do tournaments on the weekend. That is my only time to be with them as I work upwards of 55-60 hours a week as a lowly cover driver. The current contract as well as the new contract language says absolutely nothing to help our “part time” status. It benefits full time drivers and pretty much slaps the part time utility/cover drivers in the face in regards to home time with family, weekends, etc. sure we’ll have either Sun/Mon off however more than likely it will be Mon/Tue when I’ll have absolutely no quality family time with my family. Also to me the contract states that all full time drivers will basically be 9-5 and have to opt out of that meaning all part timers will have to pick up the extra work off our so called union brothers and sisters delivering right next to our area. Again I say if we are so called brothers and sisters then all of the drivers part time and full time need to be treated equally. I can foresee this is the beginning of an already us (part timers) against them (full timers) mentality as if that wasn’t already a thing. We already have no entitlements to 9-5 days, no way to bid on routes, and our measly pension is not getting any better with this current contract. Again, as a part timer you’d be a fool to vote yes on this. I for one am still sticking by my vote of no.
Yeah bro. We're voting No right with you.
We dont want or need 22.4 jobs that include driving and moving ground service pkgs.

I got it. We're fighting right with you and it wasnt the ft drivers that invented this new hybrid proposal...it was your union representation from what we're being told.
We need more real ft package car jobs and the part time wage should been offered starting at $15/hr plus healthy increases.

I don't need a big raise bro. You can have mine and I mean that.
Keep fighting. Tell your ba to shred this 22.4 language before it becomes cba law.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There will be no more "cover drivers" if "22.4 hybrid drivers" are ratified....why would there be???

Then again, will certain areas decide to not hire any "22.4 drivers", in lieu of the economical advantages of"cover", "seasonal", and/or "vacation replacement" drivers....

Oh yeah, that's right, this may be addressed in your regional or local supplement....it all makes me dizzy???

Before you decide what's best for you, determine what's being proposed and how many scenarios weren't considered, and what's best for you....

....because the powers that be already have....and are counting on your greed to fuel your decision.

F

Frankie's Friend

this makes me laugh all the time, they really are babies about it
giphy-4.gif