Partners don't Post

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, it was mentioned as a source to go to at the feedback meetings. Why not? UPS employees are on there (here) voicing their concerns and ideas. Anyone who would discourage any employee from coming here should have their head examined in my opinion.

My on-car learned more about the proposed management buyout here than he did from his superiors.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Because UPS doesn't like anything negative about them.

They have an image and brand to protect of course. The reality is that there are always things that can be improved on. It goes both ways... Working together to get things done.

BrownCafe is like a free ERI for them. Read, listen, fix and take heart to understand what others are saying when reasonable ideas come up....

Or don't.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
They have an image and brand to protect of course. The reality is that there are always things that can be improved on. It goes both ways... Working together to get things done.

BrownCafe is like a free ERI for them. Read, listen, fix and take heart to understand what others are saying when reasonable ideas come up....

Or don't.

So what you,are saying is it would behoove them to follow me on here.

Or don't.
Tony....they never listen to us. They only pay attention to the bean counters.

I go to work,collect paycheck and repeat.

I come here to unwind.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Tony....they never listen to us. They only pay attention to the bean counters.

I go to work,collect paycheck and repeat.

I come here to unwind.

That's too bad. I suppose that there is someone who listens some of the time. If by "they" you are referring to management then that is their loss.

I'm sure you have something worth listening to.. :D

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Or don't.

Would you consider the UPS members of this forum to be a representative sampling of the majority of hourly UPSers?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Would you consider the UPS members of this forum to be a representative sampling of the majority of hourly UPSers?

That is a good question but I really don't know. I do know there is a lot of complaining about management and work conditions but this place lends itself to do that. When you can complain (especially anonymously) you are more likely to do so..

People in general are more likely to complain than say positive things. Just like customers are more likely to call in to complain than to say their driver is doing an excellent job.

It's like the saying goes... No news is good news. But if you do something wrong...lookout.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is a good question but I really don't know. I do know there is a lot of complaining about management and work conditions but this place lends itself to do that. When you can complain (especially anonymously) you are more likely to do so..

People in general are more likely to complain than say positive things. Just like customers are more likely to call in to complain than to say their driver is doing an excellent job.

It's like the saying goes... No news is good news. But if you do something wrong...lookout.

I think you know by now that I generally don't ask a question that I don't already have an answer for.

IMO the members here do not represent the vast majority of hourly UPSers, the ones that come to work each and every day, punch in, do their jobs, punch out, don't whine and don't bitch.

I do agree with your point that it would be in the best interest of the company (and the union) to take note of the overall tone among the hourlies here.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I think you know by now that I generally don't ask a question that I don't already have an answer for.

Sorry for the compliment about asking a good question, I forgot who I was responding to.:tongue_sm

IMO the members here do not represent the vast majority of hourly UPSers, the ones that come to work each and every day, punch in, do their jobs, punch out, don't whine and don't bitch.

Thus my comment: When you can complain (especially anonymously) you are more likely to do so.. would stand.

I do agree with your point that it would be in the best interest of the company (and the union) to take note of the overall tone among the hourlies here.

But if this place does not represent the vast majority why waste the time getting the opinion of a minority of whiners? In other words you're getting the opinions of those who only whine and bitch according to you.

There has been a lot of whining and bitching as you put it but there has also been many valid and constructive conversations...

Turdferguson

Just a turd

The vast majority of members on here don't whine or bitch either. There are almost 43,000 members on here. Not all complain