Partners don't Post

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I agree with Turdferguson, not all of us UPSers complain. However, I do find it quite comical the ones who do. Nothing is more humorous and pitiful as adults who whine everyday.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I find it intriguing that people think those that complain or whine are a small sampling of the overall environment or feeling at UPS. It's much like the part timer workers who are in the hub, if you walked up and asked about the contract you'd get varying opinions. The thing is how many with those opinions actually vote, and generally speaking, how many would vote positively?

Granted a small part of the employees post, and generally the posts consist of what's wrong. The problem we have is many, including myself, stop posting what's wrong, just like I stop telling management what's wrong. People that put up with it stay employed, deal with the BS, or they quit. In essence, those that are here are already in the "I don't GAF" mode, that's how they have lasted so long. Those that think or feel they can change things go management.

So in conclusion, I don't think employees that don't get on message boards or speak negatively of the culture are positive, they just aren't pissed off enough or just don't GAF.

A buddy of mine gave me a challenge to name 5 things the company does right, and 5 it does wrong. I could only name 2 for the right side, and did 5 for the wrong side in 30 seconds. Out if all the answers, I couldn't control directly any of the issues, positive or negatively outside of contractual obligations both labor and the company agreed to.

So my question to any of you, if you can't or don't feel as though you can change things by voicing them or actively help change things on a permanent basis, why try? Either accept this is how things are or find another employer?

I find it intriguing that people think those that complain or whine are a small sampling of the overall environment or feeling at UPS. It's much like the part timer workers who are in the hub, if you walked up and asked about the contract you'd get varying opinions. The thing is how many with those opinions actually vote, and generally speaking, how many would vote positively?

Granted a small part of the employees post, and generally the posts consist of what's wrong. The problem we have is many, including myself, stop posting what's wrong, just like I stop telling management what's wrong. People that put up with it stay employed, deal with the BS, or they quit. In essence, those that are here are already in the "I don't GAF" mode, that's how they have lasted so long. Those that think or feel they can change things go management.

So in conclusion, I don't think employees that don't get on message boards or speak negatively of the culture are positive, they just aren't :censored2: off enough or just don't GAF.

A buddy of mine gave me a challenge to name 5 things the company does right, and 5 it does wrong. I could only name 2 for the right side, and did 5 for the wrong side in 30 seconds. Out if all the answers, I couldn't control directly any of the issues, positive or negatively outside of contractual obligations both labor and the company agreed to.

So my question to any of you, if you can't or don't feel as though you can change things by voicing them or actively help change things on a permanent basis, why try? Either accept this is how things are or find another employer?
Venting is good for the soul.

Dr.Brownz

Back in the day, when Tony was in management at UPS, he was surprised at a management feedback meeting when they mentioned browncafe. When he got his MIP the District manager always asked him how things were going on browncafe.

Oh that explains why you censor my posts. You ARE afraid of UPS.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Oh that explains why you censor my posts. You ARE afraid of UPS.
You are in the mod queue because you post like a troll. For example this post is a personal attack against me in an attempt to get an emotional response from me, but I couldn't care less what you think or post about me.

The following is the tldr version of our rules. See #7.

7 Ways to Get Your Posts Edited or Deleted

1. VIOLATE COPYRIGHTS. Copying and pasting an entire article, story or any other copyrighted materials here is a no-no because that's AGAINST COPYRIGHT LAW! It's okay to post small excerpts and/or your own comments and a link to the original work. If you find copyright laws too restrictive feel free to start a thread in the Current Events forum debating the merits of Copyright laws.

2. THREATEN or HARASS OTHERS. You are free to add members to your ignore list if they annoy you. You are also free to report them if they have offended you. Threatening or harassing others is not allowed, even if you think they deserve it.

3. BE CREEPY. Protect privacy, everyone's privacy. You wouldn't like it if you discovered that someone else had posted your name, your face, or a pic of your Mom here. That's creepy, don't be creepy.

4. THWART LANGUAGE FILTERS. Using spaces between letters, strange characters or misspellings to get around the language filters to post filtered words is annoying. Your vocabulary is bigger than that. Curse words are not okay. We know you know what that means.

5. SPAM. If we wanted Spam we'd buy it in a can.

• Posting promotional content, affiliate links, or selling stuff is spam.
  • Posting links to your own website, blog, or other self promotional stuff in your signature is spam.
6. CALL SOMEONE A "POOP HEAD". You may be correct about the composition of their head, but don't make disparaging remarks or derogatory comments about other members. Debate the issue; not the person. That means no name calling, okay?

7. TROLLING. What is trolling? Making extreme rude, disparaging or inflammatory comments just to get an emotional response. If you see someone "trolling" please use the report link to alert the moderators/troll catchers.

You are in the mod queue because you post like a troll. For example this post is a personal attack against me in an attempt to get an emotional response from me, but I couldn't care less what you think or post about me.

1. VIOLATE COPYRIGHTS. Copying and pasting an entire article, story or any other copyrighted materials here is a no-no because that's AGAINST COPYRIGHT LAW! It's okay to post small excerpts and/or your own comments and a link to the original work. If you find copyright laws too restrictive feel free to start a thread in the Current Events forum debating the merits of Copyright laws.

2. THREATEN or HARASS OTHERS. You are free to add members to your ignore list if they annoy you. You are also free to report them if they have offended you. Threatening or harassing others is not allowed, even if you think they deserve it.

3. BE CREEPY. Protect privacy, everyone's privacy. You wouldn't like it if you discovered that someone else had posted your name, your face, or a pic of your Mom here. That's creepy, don't be creepy.

4. THWART LANGUAGE FILTERS. Using spaces between letters, strange characters or misspellings to get around the language filters to post filtered words is annoying. Your vocabulary is bigger than that. Curse words are not okay. We know you know what that means.

• Posting links to your own website, blog, or other self promotional stuff in your signature is spam.
6. CALL SOMEONE A "POOP HEAD". You may be correct about the composition of their head, but don't make disparaging remarks or derogatory comments about other members. Debate the issue; not the person. That means no name calling, okay?

7. TROLLING. What is trolling? Making extreme rude, disparaging or inflammatory comments just to get an emotional response. If you see someone "trolling" please use the report link to alert the moderators/troll catchers.

I does happen a lot on here, I'm guilty as well. The ignore feature has helped me somewhat with this problem.

I think we all can do a little better and make BC a better place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

Im just trying to flush out the full scope and intent of this site. I still think ups uses this place like a honeypot at the very least.

Why arnt my posts about the real behavior of drivers in my center allowed? Yep thats right keep saying im a troll to protect ups' s oh so prrcious image

Im just trying to flush out the full scope and intent of this site. I still think ups uses this place like a honeypot at the very least.

Why arnt my posts about the real behavior of drivers in my center allowed? Yep thats right keep saying im a troll to protect ups' s oh so prrcious image
That's out of line. You need to apologize to her.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I don't recall @dr brownz doing 1. VIOLATE COPYRIGHTS.