2023 Teamster Contract Negotiation - Partner Edition

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I was new to the company last time, 1 year in and still hourly in corporate. Literally every manager had to go on road and deliver volume. I happened to be on vacation the first week of the strike so I was spared the horror stories of abuse corporate workers were taking at the hands of our partners in the field. When I returned, they stuck me on the phones to deal with angry customers who weren’t getting volume picked up or delivered. It was not a pleasant experience for anyone, lets hope they can sort things out.
No

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I was new to the company last time, 1 year in and still hourly in corporate. Literally every manager had to go on road and deliver volume. I happened to be on vacation the first week of the strike so I was spared the horror stories of abuse corporate workers were taking at the hands of our partners in the field.
What's so horrible about doing what we are in the business of doing? Sorry your co workers had to experience what we do every day. You guys have a soft life. Maybe Aunt Carol will let you all work from home so you can make it to retirement. Waah.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Management Employees:
The time to invest in Burn Barrels is NOW!!
1673099386572.png

ifreak

What's so horrible about doing what we are in the business of doing? Sorry your co workers had to experience what we do every day. You guys have a soft life. Maybe Aunt Carol will let you all work from home so you can make it to retirement. Waah.
The work was not the problem, the getting spit on and stuff thrown at you by the strikers followed by abusive sups who screamed at us daily for coming in and bailing you guys out was the problem. Go ahead and bring that “Auntie Carol” attitude and we can find out how many hours you guys can work in a row trying to get through a literal mountain of packages like last time when Corporate refuses to show up after several days of that abuse.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The work was not the problem, the getting spit on and stuff thrown at you by the strikers followed by abusive sups who screamed at us daily for coming in and bailing you guys out was the problem. Go ahead and bring that “Auntie Carol” attitude and we can find out how many hours you guys can work in a row trying to get through a literal mountain of packages like last time when Corporate refuses to show up after several days of that abuse.

Poor little snowflake
Yo better go to your safe space
I can tell this is very upsetting to you

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Suck it, scab

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
The union members talk a big talk with an empty bank account. I give you 5 days until you start to scab over.

🎶 Another one bites the dust🎶.
And another one gone! Another one bites the dust!

Last edited:

DMW

I was new to the company last time, 1 year in and still hourly in corporate. Literally every manager had to go on road and deliver volume. I happened to be on vacation the first week of the strike so I was spared the horror stories of abuse corporate workers were taking at the hands of our partners in the field. When I returned, they stuck me on the phones to deal with angry customers who weren’t getting volume picked up or delivered. It was not a pleasant experience for anyone, lets hope they can sort things out.
Management vacations are canceled during a strike. Last strike in 1997 most of management had current DOT cards and and knew how to deliver packages. Very few left.

Thebrownblob

You don’t think 5 months is enough time to get a deal done
When they “negotiated” earlier in previous contract years nothing was getting done anyway until about this time. Literally business agents negotiators would fly to these meetings a year early and nothing would get done because the company knew they had plenty of time. Seems like Sean Obrian was just trying to cut the BS out.

DMW

You don’t think 5 months is enough time to get a deal done
Absolutely. However, the closer it gets to July 31, the more leverage the teamsters have. UPS will make an agreement. They don’t have a choice. In 1997 UPS had 80% of the ground market share. And if you look back at the revenue #s we were flat for years. Then Covid and e-commerce. But now we only have 50% of the market share. And Fedx has already integrated some locations.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Absolutely. However, the closer it gets to July 31, the more leverage the teamsters have. UPS will make an agreement. They don’t have a choice. In 1997 UPS had 80% of the ground market share. And if you look back at the revenue #s we were flat for years. Then Covid and e-commerce. But now we only have 50% of the market share. And Fedx has already integrated some locations.
What leverage if you promise to walk first thing? Tough guy Sean has boxed himself in by saying that.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
What leverage if you promise to walk first thing? Tough guy Sean has boxed himself in by saying that.
I think you're right about that. At least from a precursorary view, the rank and file of the company does not seem engaged, educated or even that interested that a contract is coming up. As much as it's fun to think corporate is infested by idiots, no way they don't sense that about the work force and I think they force O'Briens hand. Unfortunately I don't think he's holding the cards he's claiming to. We'll see, that July date is coming at us quicker than it seems.