Paul Ryan

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Paul-Ryan-vs-Medicare.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So in other words, Recessions fix themselves?? Really?

Peace

TOS

Ummmm DUH!!!! Businesses can't shed jobs forever. People had to buy cars at some point. Banks had to lend money again. Home prices couldn't fall to zero. The stock market was way undervalued at 7,000. Although this would all mean that the free market works and corrected itself so I'm sure according to u Obama made it all happen.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ummmm DUH!!!! Businesses can't shed jobs forever. People had to buy cars at some point. Banks had to lend money again. Home prices couldn't fall to zero. The stock market was way undervalued at 7,000. Although this would all mean that the free market works and corrected itself so I'm sure according to u Obama made it all happen.

Tell me you understood what happened in the crash of 2008 under Gw Bush??

Did you not understand ALL THE BANKS FAILED? Banks had NO MONEY to lend to anyone. Home prices are falling to levels in the 1990's. The stock market had lost over 3 trillion dollars in value wiping out 401k's and retirement funds.

The goverment had to take ACTION, and that action including fed easing, put the prime lending rate at ZERO, which means the banks could borrow money for FREE from the goverment.

The goverment had to infuse billions of dollars into the banking system to keep them afloat so they didnt wipe out every smaller bank underneath it. The goverment had to infuse a stimulus plan to do three things, first, give small businesses a TAX CUT to grow job growth, second, a tax cut for everyone making under 250K ( like me ) and third, for projects like roads, bridges, freeways, infrastructure.

These are all things that stopped the decline of the nation coming out of BUSH, and turned the country around.

BUSH was losing 750 thousand jobs a month for 2 almost 2 years or 11 million people out of work. As they continued to be unemployed going into OBAMAs term, their benefits ran out and had to be extended.

Once those ran out, a majority had to seek food stamps to survive.

Thats where the goverment has to step in.

But what happened?? The corporations had a 25% tax cut since 2001 (just like romney wants to give them) and they didnt create a single job or create any new industries. For 10 years they have had the lowest rates since Reagan and yet, the country still tanked and unemployment rose to 10.2% from 4%.

You talk about the free market, but what has the "free market" done for this country in the last 11 years?

Nothing happens by itself. The free market under BUSH crushed this country.

Its going to take alot more than talk from Romney on how to get this country on its feet, and simply saying he wants to return to the policies of the BUSH administration will only insure the country stays in a state of shock.

Peace

TOS

satellitedriver

Can someone explain how 'trickle-down' economics works?

I'm just asking, because, I can't tell if it's ever worked...
It is a 'trickle-down' poverty plan, under this administration.
"Trickle-down" economics was a catch phrase
coined during the Reagan Era administration, and is used as a pejorative, by his detractors.
Economics is non partisan and is just simple basic math.
No one can spend more than they make and not suffer the consequences.
Each party-(Republicans and Democrats) blame the government for the problems and both think government can solve the issues.
????????????????
My wife and I were married dead broke, during the "Jimmie" Carter administration.
A very bleak time in America.
We now have a net worth over 10 times the national average.
Individual effort is how we prospered over the years, not the aid of government.
We trickled our time, effort and money over the decades to achieve this goal

Brownslave688

TOS you do realize that oh a hand full of banks or so is all that didn't have money. Those banks should have been allowed to fail. It would not have been the end of the banking system. Those large monster banks would have been split into many pieces and sold to much smaller banks who hadn't taken near the risks. There are hundreds of thousands small banks that are in great financial shape. Too big to fail is the biggest load of crap ever.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS you do realize that oh a hand full of banks or so is all that didn't have money. Those banks should have been allowed to fail. It would not have been the end of the banking system. Those large monster banks would have been split into many pieces and sold to much smaller banks who hadn't taken near the risks. There are hundreds of thousands small banks that are in great financial shape. Too big to fail is the biggest load of crap ever.

This statement demonstrates how Ill-informed you are to the banking problem. TOO BIG to fail means alot more than a couple of banks didnt have money. ALL the smaller banks were tied to these "FEW" banks who didnt have money.

If these banks went down, SO WOULD THE ENTIRE BANKING SYSTEM.

Better read up on the failure so you can get a better understanding and we can avoid an argument.

peace

TOS

menotyou

bella amicizia
A car full of kids & a sick dog , which is easier to clean up later the insides of the car & kids or a kennel ?
I hear you. But, I just can't grasp it, still. I see the kennels in the back of trucks going down I81. It's cold. I just don't like it. That's all.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OOPSIE>..... PAUL RYAN makes a denial about seeking stimulus money, but his letters with his signature on them say otherwise...!

Ryan denied stimulus while quietly seeking it - Yahoo! News

I smell trouble.

Peace

TOS

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I hear you. But, I just can't grasp it, still. I see the kennels in the back of trucks going down I81. It's cold. I just don't like it. That's all.

I think you may just be a better person than the person you are addressing, or at least more in tune with animals, and our place with them. We have responsibilities as the top of the chain. Responsibilities to our best friends, and to other humans, as well ;)

Brownslave688

This statement demonstrates how Ill-informed you are to the banking problem. TOO BIG to fail means alot more than a couple of banks didnt have money. ALL the smaller banks were tied to these "FEW" banks who didnt have money.

If these banks went down, SO WOULD THE ENTIRE BANKING SYSTEM.

Better read up on the failure so you can get a better understanding and we can avoid an argument.

peace

TOS

Ok I'm dying to hear your thoughts on what's going on in Europe. What happened? How should they get out of it?

P.S. just read that this is the slowest economic recovery since WW2. If your giving Obama credit for the recovery. Please at least make sure you give him credit for the worst recovery in the last 60-70 years.