Pay Code Changed

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unless he waives the 8 hour guarantee, YES.
I have had many days this year with guaranteed pay and never once asked for more work.

On any of those has your center manager or on car stated during the PCM what the OP said was stated during his?

I also get guarantee pay almost every day.

I have also run Code 05 when asked to do so.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
...and if he doesn't demand it is he still entitled to his guarantee...?

The whole center was instructed to ask for more work if they were going to be under 8 by the center manager.
The center manager opened up WAD by saying this.
He chose to come in and not notify anyone.
Considering this was working holiday pay, it was in the center manager's best interest to announce WAD before the day started.
He didn't follow instruction so he shouldn't get paid.

The whole center was instructed to ask for more work if they were going to be under 8 by the center manager.
The center manager opened up WAD by saying this.
He chose to come in and not notify anyone.
Considering this was working holiday pay, it was in the center manager's best interest to announce WAD before the day started.
He didn't follow instruction so he shouldn't get paid.
I don't run on those days.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have heard if you are going to come in under 8 you must first message in and ask if they need you to help out or do additional work. Also, did you take a full one hour lunch and your break?
Not how it's supposed to be but that's how my center does it. They change anyone that comes in under 8 to 05.

Box Ox

Not how it's supposed to be but that's how my center does it. They change anyone that comes in under 8 to 05.

You're getting cheated. At my center 05 is typically reserved for drivers who don't sign a list for an 8 hour request if we have to come in on a Saturday. Some drivers just want to go home ASAP but some want to stick around and do whatever at the center to get their 8 hour guarantee.

Brownslave688

The center manager mentioned the light day and the rules in the morning.
They offered everyone more work if they wanted it.
You chose to come in early and try to get away with some free cash.
If you grieve it, you have a 50/50 chance, but there will be repercussions.

The 8 hour day in the contract is to reference the minimum requirements of what a full time job is suppose to be.
Filing a grievance when you were smiling ear to ear on having an easy day is hypocritical.
2 things that piss off your center manager : drivers who work way more OT than they're suppose to and giving away money that was unearned.

Remember that these kind of grievances are the reasons why UPS cuts out so many routes and not give easy days anymore
They are just hurting themselves though. If I'm getting paid for 8 hours i am much more likely to hump it out and bring it early then if I'm taking a
Paid actual.

Brownslave688

You're getting cheated. At my center 05 is typically reserved for drivers who don't sign a list for an 8 hour request if we have to come in on a Saturday. Some drivers just want to go home ASAP but some want to stick around and do whatever at the center to get their 8 hour guarantee.
Virtually everyone here skips some break so almost everyone is 05