Pay Code Changed

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Where I am, an hour is taken out for lunch whether you put one in or not. But you're still 06 and bonus accordingly. Never heard of being switched to 05 on a weekday. And I'm in a RTW state.
Thats illegal. Ups had to pay big time for doing that in California.

ManInBrown

I challenge anyone here to find the words "Code 5" in the contract.

You have the right to 8. That's where it begins and ends. If they tell you that you don't have 8 hours of work it's on you to demand it.
Exactly. Communicate with them that you want your 8 either when you leave the building or from the road. Then it's on them. But to roll back into the center early nd scoot out thinking you will get the guarantee is very optimistic.

MC0493

That's how it's always worked in the past. Punch code 6, get in early some days. Go home and collect some guarantee. Never have I had to ask for additional work to keep the guarantee.

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey
The whole center was instructed to ask for more work if they were going to be under 8 by the center manager.
The center manager opened up WAD by saying this.
He chose to come in and not notify anyone.
Considering this was working holiday pay, it was in the center manager's best interest to announce WAD before the day started.
He didn't follow instruction so he shouldn't get paid.
Nope you are guaranteed 8 hours pay the ocean has no right to tell them to call. Dispatch is to be set in the am not after the fact.

35years

Gravy route
Nope you are guaranteed 8 hours pay the ocean has no right to tell them to call. Dispatch is to be set in the am not after the fact.
He was told in the morning. He could have requested 8+ in the morning and dispatch could/would have been adjusted in the morning. Driver dropped the ball on this one.