Pay for part time air driver delivering ground then working in the building

specter208

May I put my own question for consideration. If a PT Shifter is asked to shift using a regular feeder tractor. Is this PT Shifter eligible to receive the feeder pay rate?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Got it! One more question on a different subject. If you are called in to drive ground at 6 am, then at 7 am told to stay and do late air sort, go shuttle air to drivers and then deliver your full ground route. Should I get paid ground for sort and shuttle also since that is what I committed to do first?

You should get paid for all time worked.

"ARTICLE 17. PAID FOR TIME

All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in service of the Employer. Rates of pay provided for by this Agreement shall be minimums. Time shall be computed from the time that the employee is ordered to report for work and registers in and until the employee is effectively released from duty. All time lost due to delays as a result of overloads or certifcate violations involving federal, state or city regulations, which occur through no fault of the driver, shall be paid for by the Employer."

RTCD

You should get paid from the time you were told to start. If you did not deliver or shuttle ground and only moved air packages air pay is all you can code in the diad. Just because they mentioned ground to get you in doesn’t mean you can be paid for ground.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You should get paid from the time you were told to start. If you did not deliver or shuttle ground and only moved air packages air pay is all you can code in the diad. Just because they mentioned ground to get you in doesn’t mean you can be paid for ground.

She said she delivered a whole ground route after everything else.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
May I put my own question for consideration. If a PT Shifter is asked to shift using a regular feeder tractor. Is this PT Shifter eligible to receive the feeder pay rate?

I don't know specifically, what I do know is that regular feeder tractors are all we have at my center, and I don't think our shifter gets feeder pay.

bart

We have now switched from Central States to Northern Plains. What is Central states pay for ground and how many hours worked? Management has clarified that Northern Plains is all day ground pay after 4 hrs no matter what the job but I still am trying to find out if this is true for Northern Plains also. Can anyone help?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We have now switched from Central States to Northern Plains. What is Central states pay for ground and how many hours worked? Management has clarified that Northern Plains is all day ground pay after 4 hrs no matter what the job but I still am trying to find out if this is true for Northern Plains also. Can anyone help?

Can you clarify? Central States is a pension plan, Central Region is a division of the bargaining unit within the teamsters, and Northern Plains is a district of UPS, most of which probably falls within the Central Region. As far as I know, UPS forming new districts within their organization should not impact any bargaining agreements they have with the teamsters.

bart

We have now switched from Central States to Northern Plains. What is Central states pay for ground and how many hours worked? Management has clarified that Northern Plains is all day ground pay after 4 hrs no matter what the job but I still am trying to find out if this is true for Central States also. Can anyone help?
Can you clarify? Central States is a pension plan, Central Region is a division of the bargaining unit within the teamsters, and Northern Plains is a district of UPS, most of which probably falls within the Central Region. As far as I know, UPS forming new districts within their organization should not impact any bargaining agreements they have with the teamsters.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I know when I was a preloader I would sometimes do air exception work but I would only get the air exception rate for the hours I worked as an air exception driver and preload rate for preloading.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hah

Haha...know body knows!!

Nobody knows what? Who your steward is?

You were in central region, you are still in central region. UPS's redistricting their internal organization has no bearing on what bargaining unit you are covered by in regards to the barganing agreement. I am telling you this as a certainty. Your supervisor telling you that you are now covered by different language is a lie. Do you know what local you belong to, and where your union hall is? Go down there and they will explain it to you.

Last edited:
Nobody knows what? Who your steward is?

You were in central region, you are still in central region. UPS's redistricting their internal organization has no bearing on what bargaining unit you are covered by in regards to the barganing agreement. I am telling you this as a certainty. Your supervisor telling you that you are now covered by different language is a lie. Do you know what local you belong to, and where your union hall is? Go down there and they will explain it to you.
I run across this all the time with Art. 40. Stewards never know the answers because it seldom apply to them. Only the BA knows the answers and they seem to change depending on who is asking. Nothing should change because your Center is now controlled by Minneapolis instead of Earth City.