Peak, 2014, A Disaster We Can Predict With Certainty

gixxer squid

If this is the first peak you've dealt with HD in your terminal then you're in for a bad time. While Ground gets busier, HD explodes during peak. Those piles on the skids are going to at least double if not quadruple in size. The piles can only get so high or wide before they need to HD vans to be parked out even father.

Is your terminal going to use temp drivers during peak? Even if they stagger dispatch so temps start late and come in after the regular guys leave those extra routes have to be sorted and staged somewhere.

Its not like any of us had a choice. I can only imagine its only going to get worse. We have no idea what their plan is( if they even have one) because whats happening now is obviously not working and its not even peak yet. Complaints go on deaf ears…. I have been helping HD last week and probably next few weeks who delivers to fact stops I have. We are all trying to work together as best as possible

vantexan

BAD, yes. Just want to send out a special thanks to Mr Matt for the congrats on 30 years with Fedex. He was 3 weeks late and sent it comail. Gosh you are wonderful. I know you have been so busy, and to think you had your sec write me a letter. Think I will frame it. NOT. Pathetic!!!!!!!
Congrats on 30 years Goldi! You represent a time when being a FedEx courier meant something. I started in '86 but because of quitting in '97 and in '13 I'll never realize the benefit of continuos service from those early years. Hope you make it to the Yucatan!

overflowed

Congrats Godli. I give you a bz with money and heartfelt appreciation for that length of service for serving this company's customers.

Goldilocks

WE have all worked our asses off for Fedex!!!! BZ to all of my fellow couriers. The hell with everyone else. They abondoned us years ago. God speed.

hypo hanna

Congratulations on the milestone Goldi. I wish you and the rest of us who saw the company through thick and thin were getting the rewards we were promised but Fred and friends turned their backs on us long ago. I hope kudos from your peers will be enough.

BigTex61

Long time lurker, first time poster. Recently reached the 25 year milestone, and its been a hell of a ride. First off, screw you Fred S! And all of your Memphis Minions. As I look back, I cant believe this once great company has ran Express into the ground. I agree this peak will be an absolute disaster. Even the ops. managers are ready to throw in the towl at this point. Between late planes daily, dra, insertions, unrouted inbound, clueless management, truck and equip.shortage, new employees that cant do the job, uncovered pm routes, the list goes on, could make for the worst peak in history. Stay safe people, and do the bare minimal to stay employed. The days of going the extra mile and do whatever it take are over. You will get what you deserve Smith.

BigTex61

Long time lurker, first time poster. Recently reached the 25 year milestone, and its been a hell of a ride. First off, screw you Fred S! And all of your Memphis Minions. As I look back, I cant believe this once great company has ran Express into the ground. I agree this peak will be an absolute disaster. Even the ops. managers are ready to throw in the towl at this point. Between late planes daily, dra, insertions, unrouted inbound, clueless management, truck and equip.shortage, new employees that cant do the job, uncovered pm routes, the list goes on, could make for the worst peak in history. Stay safe people, and do the bare minimal to stay employed. The days of going the extra mile and do whatever it take are over. You will get what you deserve Smith.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Welcome, Tex....glad you finally decided to chime in. I can't disagree with one single thing you stated.... In fact I'll give you a 'what ^ he ^ said!'

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Long time lurker, first time poster. Recently reached the 25 year milestone, and its been a hell of a ride. First off, screw you Fred S! And all of your Memphis Minions. As I look back, I cant believe this once great company has ran Express into the ground. I agree this peak will be an absolute disaster. Even the ops. managers are ready to throw in the towel at this point. Between late planes daily, dra, insertions, unrouted inbound, clueless management, truck and equip.shortage, new employees that cant do the job, uncovered pm routes, the list goes on, could make for the worst peak in history. Stay safe people, and do the bare minimal to stay employed. The days of going the extra mile and do whatever it takes are over. You will get what you deserve Smith.
Sha-bang! :bpotd:

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm hearing reports of stations down 40-50 people (or more), with huge turnover, terrible service, and not enough RTDs to get the cans from the ramp to the station. Here, let's all do the calculation:

Late planes that can't hold all the freight +not enough handlers or RTDs + not enough couriers + incompetent management +nobody cares + even more freight at Peak = An effing disaster come Peak.

All the while, Memphis will be talking their usual BS, promising customers the moon when they can't even get the freight to the destination stations. much less have it there on-time. All of the lies are going to come back right in their faces this year, and there's nothing they can do to stop it. Even if they were able to fully staff the operation, the new breed of employee is incompetent, doesn't really care anyway, and will quit as soon as they discover what a farce this company really is.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people than Matt, Dave, and Fred. All the Kool-Aid, hot dogs, and BBQ in the world cannot stop this train wreck.

Check back with me on 1-1=15. You'll still be delivering Xmas P1.
I hope FedEx's failure is worse than UPS's but I don't think that's possible due to the shear differences in volume the two companies handle. When you are the bigger of the two failures negative public perception always swings in your favor.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Bravo Zulu!!!! Spread the gospel of WAD.