Peak driver and schooling?

Anonymous01

BO
Was approached today by HR and the driver sup about driving during peak. I asked if that means I need to go through the schooling and didn't really get a straight answer.

I own and operate a landscaping company so during this time with the leaves coming down I am super slammed and I would hate to lose out on the money if I skipped clean ups and went to school. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Your BFF,

Matty "bringing sexy back to this joint" lawn
BOOGNISH mang.

NXA

Was approached today by HR and the driver sup about driving during peak. I asked if that means I need to go through the schooling and didn't really get a straight answer.

I own and operate a landscaping company so during this time with the leaves coming down I am super slammed and I would hate to lose out on the money if I skipped clean ups and went to school. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Your BFF,

Maybe ask the driver sup if he wants some side work mulching leaves in the evenings.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am a temp driver. Working 44 hours a week average and I bring home 850 a week after taxes.
What do you make an hour when you deliver? Do you have 401k, stocks, united way, etc.?

Another thing is a lot of times ups will use him some hours in the morning to preload and deliver after so he will be making his inside rate for half of his available hours.

Hellobrown2000

What do you make an hour when you deliver? Do you have 401k, stocks, united way, etc.?

Another thing is a lot of times ups will use him some hours in the morning to preload and deliver after so he will be making his inside rate for half of his available hours.

24.22 an hour. Zero for United way, that's like donating to a cancer foundation, money wasted.

Rack em

Made the Podium
24.22 an hour. Zero for United way, that's like donating to a cancer foundation, money wasted.
That's why, I am in progression so I only make $19.50 an hour. If matty lawn drove during peak he would make $18.75 an hour.

But you can designate what charity you want your money to go to with united way...

bumped

I'm pretty sure once you do any ground driving all hours worked are paid a ground rate unless that has changed in recent years.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm pretty sure once you do any ground driving all hours worked are paid a ground rate unless that has changed in recent years.
If you are a utility driver then you get paid starting ground rate for driving hours only. Maybe it's different in other supplements. I'm in the Western

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Your BFF,

Ok, so did you steal @Anonymous01 avatar or did he steal yours?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
One advantage to starting during peak season is you're not under a giant micromanaged microscope. Orion miles, telematics, under/over allowed, even missed pieces and late airs aren't as big of a deal.

Depending on where you are they may not let you use peak season days as qualifying days, but in some ways it's kind of a free pass to learn things the hard way without the consequences you'd incur outside peak.

Just something to think about.