Peak driver and schooling?

Rack em

Made the Podium
What is drive and Christ I need to figure out that stock bull crap
Drive is money that goes to the union for political purposes since they can't use our dues for political reasons. And if you go on upsers you can sign up for the stock option. You get a 5% discount on them which is decent I guess, but I just treat it like a long term savings account.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They allow us to pick who we contribute the money to. Is there something about united way I should know?
There's plenty of threads about this matter, if you haven't done the research at this point there's no reason to derail the thread any further. Do whatever makes you feel good, that's what it's really about IMHO.

rod

Retired 22 years
I claim all 0's for taxes, I put 12% in my 401k, I put $30 a week in stock options, $20 to united way, and $2 for DRIVE. And I can't remember, but maybe union dues were that week...

First thing I would do is cut the UW off and get rid of the DRIVE contribution (or at least knock it down to a buck a week) . There are much better ways to donate money to the less fortunate. UW is a racket.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Drive is money that goes to the union for political purposes since they can't use our dues for political reasons. And if you go on upsers you can sign up for the stock option. You get a 5% discount on them which is decent I guess, but I just treat it like a long term savings account.

The discount used to be 10% off of the lowest stock price of the quarter.

5% of the stock price on the last day of the quarter is not enough of an incentive.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They allow us to pick who we contribute the money to. Is there something about united way I should know?
Like DIDO said do some research. You aren't really deciding where the money goes. They'll just pick money from the open pool to redistribute the money how they want.

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

Actually I've never heard them. Ill check out tonight. Which album should I start with?

Also, listen to Ween if you haven't. Start with the album chocolate and cheese.

Try Duck Stab/Buster Glen or The Commercial Album. The early stuff pre 1982 is best, though they have some cool newer albums. I've listened to Ween for a few years, my friend recommended them to me after I introduced him to Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart.