Peak for Air Drivers

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ASVP, Nov 6, 2018.

1. ASVP

ASVP New Member

I have researched this thoroughly and didn’t get a real good answer.

During peak, what generally happens to the bid air drivers? I am a PM air driver and was recently told that during peak I will be used for ground delivery. Is there a pay rate increase in local 177? I am still in progression at 13.50 and would like to see some increase for ground delivery especially with peak hours.

2. You get top ground rate

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

You suck at researching then.

Screenshot_2018-11-06-10-20-46.png
    Thirteen pages

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  4. ASVP

ASVP New Member

There’s also suggestive responses for peak where the air drivers were told they were to be paid 16.00 for peak and also some that were approved which were paid around 25. It’s inconclusive but thanks!

5. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

If an air driver moves a ground package in his truck... be it delivery or shuttle, then said air driver is entitled to top driver rate. No agreements. Talk to your steward and let them know the situation. You’ll see an increase in pay and hours to the point where you’ll be having dreams about it lol

6. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

20181013_213858.png

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  7. Wally

In the 177, part time do not deliver ground.

8. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

but apparently they do...see OP.

9. Wally

Grievance time.

10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

You would rather have management deliver or PVD instead of Union members?

11. Wally

We don't have either in the 177. Full time moves ground.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. jada miller

jada miller New Member

what about the ground packages that air drivers are picking up at drop boxes? including the packages that dont even fir in the drop boxes? Management told me i had to pick them up and the center manager said i wont get ground wages

13. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Maybe your local should grow a set and not allow garbage like that.
    Oh wait they are probably busy protecting PT guys who sweep floors while making 30 bucks an hour.

14. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

I'm also 177. You as an air driver would be working out of classification, so you get paid top rate of the classification you are working in. Contact your shop steward immediately if your payrate is incorrect (34.77 is current top rate) and grieve it to no end.

They WILL screw you if you LET them.

15. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

Yep they love to eff the weak
    And they remember who is and abuse them
    Don't let them think you are a BE ACH

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

$34.60/hr PT or FT actually.

17. Say the air drivers shuttles , do they get pay top ground rate for the whole day or just for the hours the are shuttling?

18. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Does anyone else's local allow PM Air Drivers to also be TCDs? When I was starting out driving it wasn't permitted because PM Air was a bid position. But it looks like they've changed that because now our PM Air Drivers will run a ground route as a TCD, including running ground before air pickups during peak, when needed then go back to PM only when not.

19. opie

opie Active Member

I am in local 177. No way you will be delivering ground. Maybe shuttling. But you don't have to shuttle either. I honestly wouldn't do them any favors. You can come at your regularly scheduled time and just do your pickups. And with them hiring a lot more drivers than last year, they shouldn't have a need for you move any ground at all.

20. KW323

KW323 Member

Great question . I’m an air driver & I just became aware that I’ll be possibly shuttling . I came here for that exact same question .