Peak for Air Drivers

ASVP

I have researched this thoroughly and didn’t get a real good answer.

During peak, what generally happens to the bid air drivers? I am a PM air driver and was recently told that during peak I will be used for ground delivery. Is there a pay rate increase in local 177? I am still in progression at 13.50 and would like to see some increase for ground delivery especially with peak hours.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

During peak, what generally happens to the bid air drivers? I am a PM air driver and was recently told that during peak I will be used for ground delivery. Is there a pay rate increase in local 177? I am still in progression at 13.50 and would like to see some increase for ground delivery especially with peak hours.

You suck at researching then.

Screenshot_2018-11-06-10-20-46.png

Thirteen pages

RolloTony Brown Town

If an air driver moves a ground package in his truck... be it delivery or shuttle, then said air driver is entitled to top driver rate. No agreements. Talk to your steward and let them know the situation. You’ll see an increase in pay and hours to the point where you’ll be having dreams about it lol

jada miller

what about the ground packages that air drivers are picking up at drop boxes? including the packages that dont even fir in the drop boxes? Management told me i had to pick them up and the center manager said i wont get ground wages

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

I'm also 177. You as an air driver would be working out of classification, so you get paid top rate of the classification you are working in. Contact your shop steward immediately if your payrate is incorrect (34.77 is current top rate) and grieve it to no end.

They WILL screw you if you LET them.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I'm also 177. You as an air driver would be working out of classification, so you get paid top rate of the classification you are working in. Contact your shop steward immediately if your payrate is incorrect (34.77 is current top rate) and grieve it to no end.

They WILL screw you if you LET them.
Yep they love to eff the weak
And they remember who is and abuse them
Don't let them think you are a BE ACH

Overpaid Union Thug

Does anyone else's local allow PM Air Drivers to also be TCDs? When I was starting out driving it wasn't permitted because PM Air was a bid position. But it looks like they've changed that because now our PM Air Drivers will run a ground route as a TCD, including running ground before air pickups during peak, when needed then go back to PM only when not.

opie

I am in local 177. No way you will be delivering ground. Maybe shuttling. But you don't have to shuttle either. I honestly wouldn't do them any favors. You can come at your regularly scheduled time and just do your pickups. And with them hiring a lot more drivers than last year, they shouldn't have a need for you move any ground at all.