Peak like volume

dmc2008

You think they’ll bump us back to 70 hours?

Why wouldn't they? is the real question.
Aren't HOS suspended right now for truckers moving Covid gear? (10 hour rule stays IIRC)
Who's to say we don't fall under that category?

We'll find out soon enough. Word is we're rolling tomorrow, so this should be interesting..

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I don't think Ups or the Union would want the bad press of working it's drivers that much during a pandemic to deliver NON ESSENTIAL amazon junk.
I'm guilty of ordering non-essential junk. Being cooped up got me tinkering and I ordered a new fishing reel. I actually feel some guilt over this but then I got to thinking, maybe in this tough time, it is somehow keeping another employee employed if even for a moment.

This company would work us 70 hours until we dropped delivering rubber sandals and some sea cow's Zappos S*. I would want to see it to keep people working so they have food on their tables. UPS would do it for a nickel made.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I'm guilty of ordering non-essential junk. Being cooped up got me tinkering and I ordered a new fishing reel.

Was so happy to bring this couple their new massive bed frame last Friday accompanied by the even more massive mattress box that exploded open as I took it off the truck. Least the shipping label wasn’t destroyed. :happy2:

The new reel is always worth it. :thumbup1:

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Why wouldn't they? is the real question.
Aren't HOS suspended right now for truckers moving Covid gear? (10 hour rule stays IIRC)
Who's to say we don't fall under that category?

We'll find out soon enough. Word is we're rolling tomorrow, so this should be interesting..

We do fall under it but the union still has to agree to the lifting of the 60hr rule per our contract.

barnyard

KTM rider
I don't think Ups or the Union would want the bad press of working it's drivers that much during a pandemic to deliver NON ESSENTIAL amazon junk.
I would hope that would be the case. I think you are being pretty optimistic though. Feeders in my building have 70 hours available.