Peak on the job Recipes / Food suggestions

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's the recipe I have.

You can use table salt if you want. The main difference is whether they added iodine or not.

Here:

The main differences between sea salt and table salt are in their taste, texture and processing.

Sea salt is produced through evaporation of ocean water or water from saltwater lakes, usually with little processing. Depending on the water source, this leaves behind certain trace minerals and elements. The minerals add flavor and color to sea salt, which also comes in a variety of coarseness levels.

Table salt is typically mined from underground salt deposits. Table salt is more heavily processed to eliminate minerals and usually contains an additive to prevent clumping. Most table salt also has added iodine, an essential nutrient that helps maintain a healthy thyroid.

Sea salt vs. table salt: What's the difference?
You are a veritable encyclopedia of information!

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
How do you like that stuff? I've always thought it would be a good idea but have heard mixed reviews on taste and gas.

I haven't used the powder since 1.5, so my opinion is out of date there. The drink is great. Staves off all hunger for about two hours. After three hours, I'm ready for another one.

SmithBarney

I have an industrial supply of the Original Stacker 2,
I take one in the morning, blow through my P1s, Eat a Protein packed Zagnut or Payday bar for lunch while sorting my load
Take my second stacker 2 with a redbull, and finish my 75-95 P2s
Get home with enough energy for my spouse or whoever.. then clean the house til midnight.

Serf

Employee appreciation BBQ consists of frozen "bubba burgers" & "lips n' :censored2: hot dogs." Chips n' soda. Stay far, far away.
Many in the courier army are constantly seen w/ McDonalds & Burger King bags. Like daily.
Many in the handler army hydrate on warm days in J cans with Dr. Pepper and Sprite.

Myself, and a small group of outcasts rely on sustanenance such as grilled chicken, advacado, broiled steak slices. Whole wheat bread, oranges, water, coffee, cream no sugar. Where does one get this? Answer is you must bring your own in a cooler.

bjjrican

Recently I have been snacking on
1.Smuckers Uncrustables
2.Protein Shakes (Muscle Pharm Cookies$ Cream or Double Chocolate Milk)
3.Homemade Ice Tea. I have a couple Blender bottles in my truck and take one tub of my ice tea from home.

On my route I have a lot to choose from the fast food options. 2 subways, 3 McDonalds, 2 Taco Bell’s, numerous taco trucks and numerous side of the road fruit vendors.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Recently I have been snacking on
1.Smuckers Uncrustables
2.Protein Shakes (Muscle Pharm Cookies$ Cream or Double Chocolate Milk)
3.Homemade Ice Tea. I have a couple Blender bottles in my truck and take one tub of my ice tea from home.

On my route I have a lot to choose from the fast food options. 2 subways, 3 McDonalds, 2 Taco Bell’s, numerous taco trucks and numerous side of the road fruit vendors.

.....or you could save some money by bringing your lunch to work with you....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I like bringing homemade soup for lunch when it gets cold, especially at Peak. Warms you up and fills you up. Food places are almost nonexistent on my route. Nuts or cheez-its for snack.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I like bringing homemade soup for lunch when it gets cold, especially at Peak. Warms you up and fills you up. Food places are almost nonexistent on my route. Nuts or cheez-its for snack.
I have a local pizza place that makes a different homemade soup everyday. I always stop there in the winter. Nothing like a good soup to warm you up!!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
PEAK FOOD MOP:
breakfast: i'll make myself bacon and eggs, maybe toast if i'm feeling naughty, have a glass of milk, read the news, roll into work around 9am

lunch: water and whatever snacks are set out for the drivers

dinner: i head home around 3pm and will usually have some kind of pasta dish, or a 1-pot chicken+rice recipe of some kind, have some scotch and be in bed by 10pm for another big day tomorrow

really don't get why people think peak is so tough

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
PEAK FOOD MOP:
breakfast: i'll make myself bacon and eggs, maybe toast if i'm feeling naughty, have a glass of milk, read the news, roll into work around 9am

dinner: i head home around 3pm and will usually have some kind of pasta dish, or a 1-pot chicken+rice recipe of some kind, have some scotch and be in bed by 10pm for another big day tomorrow

It’s a walk in the park for cubicle dwellers.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Soup?! Madness, but I guess you actually stop and eat lunch at express. Ain't got time for that nonsense at Ground.
Ml1Zk.gif

Werd... just simple snacks to nibble on between stops

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
PEAK FOOD MOP:

R u a driver??? Who teh eff gets done by 1500 ???