Peak season 2021 a dud?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My old center is raffling off a couple Traeger grills, a snow blower and a Yeti cooler to any RPCD's who volunteer to work this Saturday.
IMG_1302.jpg

Was nice to work in a local that couldn't force a 6th punch.

meritocracy

Maybe UPS is less seasonal than it used to be. Ever since covid started people have talked about how it's always peak. So of course peak season is going to seem lighter than usual.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Just wait. Generation Snowflake will order everything one week before Christmas and then will be shocked when their stuff doesn't arrive.

"But they guaranteed delivery by Christmas"??? "Waaaah"...
Which generation is that, Wally?

1638606927436.png

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Maybe UPS is less seasonal than it used to be. Ever since covid started people have talked about how it's always peak. So of course peak season is going to seem lighter than usual.
I think it has more to do with less online orders due to inflation and availability, PVDs, Seasonals, helpers, rentals, more routes in, and sixth punches. I could be wrong though.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I think it has more to do with less online orders due to inflation and availability, PVDs, Seasonals, helpers, rentals, more routes in, and sixth punches. I could be wrong though.
I like your idea but would argue (non confrontationally) that inflation could cause more people to price hunt online and increase online ordering?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I like your idea but would argue (non confrontationally) that inflation could cause more people to price hunt online and increase online ordering?
It could and I will be interested in the final #'s.
We have been so lightly dispatched that I honestly haven't asked about our daily volume this week. This is my easiest first week ever and I clocked out with guarantee everyday. Every driver seems to be thrilled, our wives not so much.

badpal

My old center is raffling off a couple Traeger grills, a snow blower and a Yeti cooler to any RPCD's who volunteer to work this Saturday.
View attachment 362236
Was nice to work in a local that couldn't force a 6th punch.
We ain't getting nothing here . we all just forced to work saturdays for the next 3 weeks. Will just cash the checks and pray weather holds.

quad decade guy

Yesterday I saw a contractor pulling a UPS trailer to a CPU on my route. That should be my job not some illegal alien CDL mill graduate.
I started noticing guys/gals standing around our dispatch office that I didn't know....not in uniform. Overheard dispatcher tell one: "You can go home now". Huh? Yep. Contractor doing local CPU. I asked, he said: "Been here all day, running back and forth...".

There ya go.

I also noticed ragged old not brown nor black magnetic temporary badged rentals flying past inbound and parking trailers on pads and doors. Usual speeding, running stop signs, flip flops and pajamas....

Yep.
Contractors doing CPU.

UPS used to care about appearance and all that....

Folks....this is the future. Would not be surprised when our uniforms become just a t-shirt.