Peak Season Rewards

BrownTexas

90714-I-see-what-you-did-there-gif-j8mI.jpeg
I laughed so hard I farted.

The last 2 peak seasons, they've raffled off 47" televisions, bluetooth speakers, gift cards etc. for the people who show up for the voluntary Saturday and Sunday sorts in December. They must have been desperate. I never won of course, but the double time on Saturday for working 7 days in a row was easy money.
This is interestingly cool.

J

jibbs

nope at least not openly, there have been a few times i see sups "tip" their workers to get a ridiculous job done, mostly
in the preload where sups need 4 package cars loaded in 1 hour because the regular loader called in and they want to wait till
the last hour to make someone load them but that person gets "tipped" a $20 from a pt sup lol.

what the :censored2:?

That doesn't happen here. Here, they just make you do the work and the tip is to tell the person you had to cover how much of a pain in the ass it is to do their work for them.

I'd much rather just be slipped a $20. :closedeye

browner89

We got rewarded with working every Sunday in December, Paychecks we about triple the usual non-peak paycheck every week though. Not many part time jobs give you a month of 44+ hour minimum work weeks with nearly half of it being 1.5x or double pay.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Way back when I was a preloader they gave out gift cards for zero misloads. They then promptly took the corresponding amount out of the preloaders paycheck.

Turns out, you're supposeed to pay taxes on those types of things. So, they figured they'd put an extra 25 bucks in the check, let it get taxed, and then take it back out. Only the somehow messed it up and it never got put in.

So everyone that won a gift card paid for it in their next check.

No one would accept gift cards as rewards anymore after that