Pension changes?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The New England Teamsters Pension Fund (NETPF) has floated an increase in the retirement age from 57 to 64 ...

Any pension in trouble should be doing this first. Sucks to be you if you are in these plans, but it is what it is. How different asset wise would the Central Plan be today if decades ago, they adopted a similar blueprint?

Thebrownblob

The New England Teamsters Pension Fund (NETPF) has floated an increase in the retirement age from 57 to 64 ...

Any pension in trouble should be doing this first. Sucks to be you if you are in these plans, but it is what it is. How different asset wise would the Central Plan be today if decades ago, they adopted a similar blueprint?
Perhaps, but since the government helped break these pensions, it’s only fair they do something to fix them. Not to mention corporations get bailed out no trouble but when a little guy who busted his ass for 30 or 40 years just wants to get his pension. They wait till the last minute and now we feel like they did us a favor?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Perhaps, but since the government helped break these pensions, it’s only fair they do something to fix them. Not to mention corporations get bailed out no trouble but when a little guy who busted his ass for 30 or 40 years just wants to get his pension. They wait till the last minute and now we feel like they did us a favor?
Had 30 years, did nothing.

Thebrownblob

Broke the bank.
Really that’s what broke the bank? Of all people you’re saying that? It wasn’t years of the government deregulation companies going out of business. Corporate bailouts, golden balloons for CEO’s,? And you’re going to complain about some blue-collar workers who went to work every day paid their taxes for 30 and 40 years getting 3 to $5000 a month.? Sorry I’m not going to blame the little guy who worked his whole life, and now is in the twilight of his life just ask him for what he was promised. It’s about time someone took care of us. Especially when they had such a big hand and making sure they broke it..

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Really that’s what broke the bank? Of all people you’re saying that? It wasn’t years of the government deregulation companies going out of business. Corporate bailouts, golden balloons for CEO’s,? And you’re going to complain about some blue-collar workers who went to work every day paid their taxes for 30 and 40 years getting 3 to $5000 a month.? Sorry I’m not going to blame the little guy who worked his whole life, and now is in the twilight of his life just ask him for what he was promised. It’s about time someone took care of us.
Golden ballon’s….Lol. Parachutes!

Thebrownblob

As long as it’s not golden showers. 😂
1676476027556.gif

Thebrownblob

And I was wrong. They did not do nothing, they did something, that is foolishly raising the payout.
What is a foolish? or was it required? How many meetings did you go to were Proposals were made to reduce benefits paid? How much pushback did they get? I will give you a little hint….
1676485544554.gif