Pension changes?

qdg2

I have a friend waiting to see the new contract(35+ years in)....he's 65 already....I would say in poor health(most would too).

Willing to wait past 2024 if necessary.

On the rumor of $1k more per month for retiree's......

I asked him: "Really?. It was on the verge of bankruptcy(now artificially solvent)......and they are going to pile on even more?". His rationale was that ours needed to get "inline" with all the others.......

Yeah, all the others on the verge of bankruptcy....(yes, I know not all).

Which begs the question.......would this carrot be used to get the old guys to vote yes? Although they would bail immediately?

I could have waited another year like my friend......but I just couldn't stomach it one more minute.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have a friend waiting to see the new contract(35+ years in)....he's 65 already....I would say in poor health(most would too).

I asked him: "Really?. It was on the verge of bankruptcy(now artificially solvent)......and they are going to pile on even more?". His rationale was that ours needed to get "inline" with all the others.......

Which begs the question.......would this carrot be used to get the old guys to vote yes? Although they would bail immediately?

I could have waited another year like my friend......but I just couldn't stomach it one more minute.

SMH!!

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Looks like the idea of a pension will die on the union side as well. 😂

Should have know greedy unions can’t help themselves from being greedy.

Last edited:

reginald95

Your buddy didn’t invest in his retirement outside of the pension? That’s pretty bad. I know barring an unforeseen event, I’m not working past 60. 55 is my goal if my 401k is in good shape. Currently at a quarter mill with about 20 years left.

Thebrownblob

Looks like the idea of a pension will die on the union side as well. 😂

Should have know greedy unions can’t help themselves from being greedy.
1676755116454.gif
I
You truly don’t understand defined benefit pensions at all do?

nWo

My good friend Steve told me if we vote to cut the pension for the boomers then they would give us our turkeys back. Seems like a fair trade

Trucker Clock

My good friend Steve told me if we vote to cut the pension for the boomers then they would give us our turkeys back. Seems like a fair trade

My good friend Carol told me that us boomers will get a $1000 per month pension increase if we vote to cut the wages of those not eligible for retirement yet. Seems like a fair trade.

qdg2

Your buddy didn’t invest in his retirement outside of the pension? That’s pretty bad. I know barring an unforeseen event, I’m not working past 60. 55 is my goal if my 401k is in good shape. Currently at a quarter mill with about 20 years left.
Actually he did invest. But it's never enough to him.....

Shame he probably won't live very long as he's lived a pretty hard life(in my opinion).

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Pension was bumped up last contract,aint happening this one. SOB wants AC, huge raises,no 22.4's, no PVD's ,more holidays and no subcontracting. Forget thinking about anything going to the pension

Last edited: