Pension deductions?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nothing wrong with that, will the pension structure change in the next 10-15 years, time will tell.
Some of us are very lucky. My pension is actually in good shape but many out there there's just no choice. Something will have to give soon or the pensions will be bankrupt.

Ms.PacMan

That example isn't our UPS pension, it's showing what $4000 would be invested in either scenario. Our contribution is over $10/hr all compensible to 2080 hours so I'm using $20,800 for simplification. The distribution is based on a percentage of contributions made based on the hours you work.
Ok but the problem with that brochure is the $40,000 in the pension plan must also be invested and they are saying that using the best case scenario (60/40) for the last 10 yrs it only amounted to $64,000 and that $64,000 only buys an annuity amounting to next to nothing.....I hear what you're saying that the amounts are different but this question would remain the same. Has your pension had better returns then the "best case scenario" in the last 10 yrs.?

That brochure is hoodwinking you all.

Theoneandonly24

I just can't believe the company puts their own money towards your pension. You don't have to pay a dime towards it. Are all ups pensions like that? I'm in local 177 so idk. This is the first time having a pension but I guess they are all like that

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just can't believe the company puts their own money towards your pension. You don't have to pay a dime towards it. Are all ups pensions like that? I'm in local 177 so idk. This is the first time having a pension but I guess they are all like that

I think you have pensions and 401k confused.