Personal car deliveries

clean hairy

They had a huge problem in St. Louis a few years back. Lots of break ins. Cat converters getting cut out of all kind of vehicles. In the employee parking lot mostly during preload.

Ups: well we don’t own the parking lot. We just rent it. We aren’t liable.
During the strike of 97 we were not allowed access to the UPS parking lot.
If something happens to a Managers vehicle, THEN it is UPS parking lot. It is not if something happens to any of our vehicles, though.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
They had a huge problem in St. Louis a few years back. Lots of break ins. Cat converters getting cut out of all kind of vehicles. In the employee parking lot mostly during preload.

Ups: well we don’t own the parking lot. We just rent it. We aren’t liable.
There isn't any circumstance where the owner of a parking lot would be responsible for a thief stealing your catalytic converter.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I would think if you paid to park somewhere, like a stadium or airport, maybe garage, the owner would be liable for damages? I know it’s not the same.
Nope
How can the Owner of a property be held responsible for the actions of a thief?
Nobody forced you to park someplace where your vehicle could be damaged or stolen.

If your vehicle is in your driveway and gets stolen are you going to sue yourself?

Johney

I would think if you paid to park somewhere, like a stadium or airport, maybe garage, the owner would be liable for damages? I know it’s not the same.
If you look most if not all parking lots whether you pay or not have a sign posted saying we are not responsible for anything that happens to your vehicle. At least they all do here or anywhere I've been.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
lol you guys really don't like PVDs, huh...
This company has a reputation in it's brand and professional ettiquite. We don't tear ruts in people's yards, or leave the keys in the vehicle so some crazy person can take off in it and hit a bunch of :censored2:.
PVDs are a major public safety threat. Uber, Grubhub, Amazon are signing metaphorical death pacts with inexperienced drivers.
So you've guessed right. Nobody likes PVDs.

PT Car Washer

This company has a reputation in it's brand and professional ettiquite. We don't tear ruts in people's yards, or leave the keys in the vehicle so some crazy person can take off in it and hit a bunch of :censored2:.
PVDs are a major public safety threat. Uber, Grubhub, Amazon are signing metaphorical death pacts with inexperienced drivers.
So you've guessed right. Nobody likes PVDs.
I would say you have not met the latest UPS Integrad graduates.

Skull_Leader

Well, I haven't started yet, but if there was an opening for a FT Driver, I'd have taken that in a heartbeat. PVD is ALL that was available.
As for me, I have several years experience Truck Driving, I have several years experience delivering pizza (a little bit of uBer). I'm not the guys who's going to get lost, or make dumb decisions delivering in the hood. I'm not the guy who gets into accidents, or get traffic tickets.
BUT!
Some of the other applicants...some of them looked like soccer moms and college kids. first impression only, they looked like they probably don't have much experience on the road, definitely don't look like they could handle a 70lbs package... but who knows??

Skull_Leader

Insurance, I would guess they do like everyone else that deals with delivery, and buy add-on insurance for the driver in case of a wreck. My van, I keep very well maintained. but, it's over ten years old. I bought it for $2k If something happens with it (and it shouldn't) I'll just buy another one

PT Car Washer

Well, I haven't started yet, but if there was an opening for a FT Driver, I'd have taken that in a heartbeat. PVD is ALL that was available.
As for me, I have several years experience Truck Driving, I have several years experience delivering pizza (a little bit of uBer). I'm not the guys who's going to get lost, or make dumb decisions delivering in the hood. I'm not the guy who gets into accidents, or get traffic tickets.
BUT!
Some of the other applicants...some of them looked like soccer moms and college kids. first impression only, they looked like they probably don't have much experience on the road, definitely don't look like they could handle a 70lbs package... but who knows??
Then you have met the latest UPS Integrad graduates.