Personal car deliveries

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kanovic, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I love you.

2. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

During the strike of 97 we were not allowed access to the UPS parking lot.
    If something happens to a Managers vehicle, THEN it is UPS parking lot. It is not if something happens to any of our vehicles, though.

3. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Was the company aware of the dismal turnout?.

If so, why?

4. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

There isn't any circumstance where the owner of a parking lot would be responsible for a thief stealing your catalytic converter.

5. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

I would think if you paid to park somewhere, like a stadium or airport, maybe garage, the owner would be liable for damages? I know it’s not the same.

6. Maple Grove MN Driver

Nope
    How can the Owner of a property be held responsible for the actions of a thief?
    Nobody forced you to park someplace where your vehicle could be damaged or stolen.

If your vehicle is in your driveway and gets stolen are you going to sue yourself?

7. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Is a Parking Garage Responsible for Damaged or Stolen Cars?

8. Maple Grove MN Driver

Doesn't fit your example.
    All you mentioned is paying to park.
    Nothing about relinquishing control of your keys.
    Even if you give your keys to a valet and they park your car. If a thief takes your catalytic converter the valet is not responsible for the actions of a thief.

9. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

If you look most if not all parking lots whether you pay or not have a sign posted saying we are not responsible for anything that happens to your vehicle. At least they all do here or anywhere I've been.

10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

UPS has cameras watching parking lots but just to catch package thieves and employee misconduct. Not to protect employee vehicles.

11. MyTripisCut

They used to catch @rod when he brought coon dog ass to his truck.

12. MyTripisCut

I’m still filing a grievance.

13. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

They could have caught me doing many things that would have been considered no-no's if they had cameras outside at my old building. ----but NEVER stealing---well maybe a few "office supplies".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Skull_Leader

Skull_Leader Member

lol you guys really don't like PVDs, huh...

15. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

This company has a reputation in it's brand and professional ettiquite. We don't tear ruts in people's yards, or leave the keys in the vehicle so some crazy person can take off in it and hit a bunch of :censored2:.
    PVDs are a major public safety threat. Uber, Grubhub, Amazon are signing metaphorical death pacts with inexperienced drivers.
    So you've guessed right. Nobody likes PVDs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I would say you have not met the latest UPS Integrad graduates.

17. Skull_Leader

Skull_Leader Member

Well, I haven't started yet, but if there was an opening for a FT Driver, I'd have taken that in a heartbeat. PVD is ALL that was available.
    As for me, I have several years experience Truck Driving, I have several years experience delivering pizza (a little bit of uBer). I'm not the guys who's going to get lost, or make dumb decisions delivering in the hood. I'm not the guy who gets into accidents, or get traffic tickets.
    BUT!
    Some of the other applicants...some of them looked like soccer moms and college kids. first impression only, they looked like they probably don't have much experience on the road, definitely don't look like they could handle a 70lbs package... but who knows??

18. Skull_Leader

Skull_Leader Member

Insurance, I would guess they do like everyone else that deals with delivery, and buy add-on insurance for the driver in case of a wreck. My van, I keep very well maintained. but, it's over ten years old. I bought it for $2k If something happens with it (and it shouldn't) I'll just buy another one

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Then you have met the latest UPS Integrad graduates.

20. Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles Rat out of a cage

Read the fine print on your parking ticket next time.