pet peeves

Catatonic

Nine Lives
:wornout: ... When after working all night and I'm walking out and the daytime brown guys are walking in they can't even have the courtesy to return a "Good morning" greeting.

Good Morning, bubsdad!

That's why you come to BC. We are all friendly (well, pretty much) and always glad to see you.

Hoaxster

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

People who drive with their dogs in their laps.

People who use someone else's handicapped placard.

People who don't use the center turn lane properly.

People who scratch their lottery tickets at the register while you are waiting to pay for your coffee and then leave their scratchings behind.

People who can't count to 14 and use the Express Checkout anyway.

My son, who loves to sleep past noon and wouldn't think to make his bed, do his own laundry or bring his dirty dishes upstairs.

sano

. When after working all night and I'm walking out and the daytime brown guys are walking in they can't even have the courtesy to return a "Good morning" greeting.

If you are a preloader and nor wearing brown you are completely invisible to the drivers. In my building a pleasant good morning will barely get a grunt in reply from most drivers.

If you are a preloader and nor wearing brown you are completely invisible to the drivers. In my building a pleasant good morning will barely get a grunt in reply from most drivers.
I don't understand that, I speak to everyone I meet(even the ones I don't really care for). I don't think I am one dang bit better than a loader, clerk or the custodian staff and I don't think the CEO is one dang bit better than me. It's called common courtesy. The lone exception to that is the one lying snake in the grass, stab you in the back, bust 'em at any cost division manager that I would walk around anything I could to keep from address him in any manner. I was actually afraid that instead of speaking, I would tell him exactly what I thought of him.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
People that don't give me the courtesy of a 3' buffer, as I ride my bike (with traffic), to and from work. If I rode at 18-25 miles per hour on the sidewalk, someone would die.

It's called a "road bike" for a reason!

People that honk at me as I'm riding my bike along with traffic.

Head down, Feet pedaling, means don't bother me, just ease over and pass by.

The law, at least here in Florida, states that I am allowed to ride along with traffic, as I am a vehicle. http://tampabaycycle.blogspot.com/2007/08/3-foot-law.html
http://www.floridabicycle.org/rules/bikelaw.html

Sorry, but one of my pet peeves is people that don't understand/obey bicycle laws, as I'm a bike commuter.

All the rest of my pet peeves have pretty much been covered in this thread. Oh wait, here's a couple.

People that let their dogs go poo and pee in their yards, and then let the kids go out and play in the same yard.:sick:

People that are on welfare or live in low income housing, yet drive fancy cars, with fancy rims and all of the stereo equipment, ta boot.

People that have crappy cars, with nice rims and tires.

People that let their children walk barefoot, wherever they go, IE the supermarket, public restrooms, etc...

People that don't give me the courtesy of a 3' buffer, as I ride my bike (with traffic), to and from work. If I rode at 18-25 miles per hour on the sidewalk, someone would die.

It's called a "road bike" for a reason!

People that honk at me as I'm riding my bike along with traffic.

Head down, Feet pedaling, means don't bother me, just ease over and pass by.

The law, at least here in Florida, states that I am allowed to ride along with traffic, as I am a vehicle. http://tampabaycycle.blogspot.com/2007/08/3-foot-law.html
http://www.floridabicycle.org/rules/bikelaw.html

Sorry, but one of my pet peeves is people that don't understand/obey bicycle laws, as I'm a bike commuter.

All the rest of my pet peeves have pretty much been covered in this thread. Oh wait, here's a couple.

People that let their dogs go poo and pee in their yards, and then let the kids go out and play in the same yard.:sick:

People that are on welfare or live in low income housing, yet drive fancy cars, with fancy rims and all of the stereo equipment, ta boot.

People that have crappy cars, with nice rims and tires.

People that let their children walk barefoot, wherever they go, IE the supermarket, public restrooms, etc...

If you rode pee wee hermans bike people would give you room.

Tol-Load

Getting packages in my trailer that weigh 130 pounds that say "Top Load Only"

Seeing packes with big letters that read "Glass" then handwritten underneath "fragile"... no ****

being asked for my ID at the guard shack when the same guy has seen me every night for the last year

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
How about import cars that the owner spent $100 for the car and $2,000 for a tailpipe that makes it sound like a loud chili-fart?

Any package with "Fragile" on it, especially those that it is obvious the sender was thinking "ok, I packaged this like crap, and even picking it up with this paper-thin cardboard causes damage, so I'll put a FRAGILE sticker on it then blame UPS"

P

pickup

one of my pet peeves is funny because the anger associated with it is momentarily misdirected at the supposed offender. Some areas I occasionally walk in are congested and the intersections even with the right of way for pedestrian are still dangerous. So if you are walking and you have a good chance to walk across the street , you take advantage of it. So I'll stick myself in front of a parked car. look left and right at the oncoming traffic. When Everything looks good and I am ready to go , sometimes there will be a car to my right backing up for whatever reason and it can take me by surprise. I am mad because they didn't honk their horn because that violates the ups rules on backing (it is a good rule but now I expect it from the outside world) . After I realize that this rule isn't one of their rules, I laugh and try to remember that next time I cross, that the ups rules for backing aren't universal traffic rules.