pickoff study strategies... anybody have any?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Honestly, no need to worry about missed picks, because the scanners will catch any misses.

When I made the earlier post, I thought it was a sort aisle thread and not pick. However the zipcode exceptions will likely still apply for at least a couple loads.

Are you a complete maroon? I didn't say people SHOULDN'T read the label. I said they often don't (because the scanner is a crutch now)..

Our supervisors tell us there is no reason to read the labels or SLICS....that's good enough for me.

PT Car Washer

I agree with him on this. I bet you the loaders on my sort don't have a clue what goes where even though they've been in the same trailers forever. They get a beep and pull it out.
I asked PT jr about it and he agreed most loaders don't bother checking the address label before scanning. PT jr loads mostly on blue and red belts during the Daysort. He wants to start sorting so has been paying attention to what states go to which belt. Over the past year he has loaded on every belt in the building. Told him last week they will be needing him this Peak in the sort aisle.

moldsporh

Sounds like sorting into the boxline before SPA labels. Except we had to know all the residential streets also.

No, this was belt to slide.

We needed to know ALL the addresses, resi and business, as well as the number breaks on most of the business.

30 trucks, 5 to 6K pieces a day.

After a few months it was an amazing rhythm, no aux pick until peak.

We earned that $10/ hr.

mommaslice

Chances are if you have been loading for a while you know which zips go to your belt. Work multiple belts after a few months and you will know all the spits in your building. Just like driving, not rocket science.

We have scanners so looking at the zip just became relevant when I got interested in the pickoff.