plantar fasciitis

fethrs

I just want a good pair that wont aggravate the plantar fasciitis and that fit well.
I start physical therapy next week then I see the podiatrist again and ask him for a script for inserts and what kind of NB I should try.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wear NB 608. Very comfortable shoe. I also write these off on my taxes.

My daughter recently dealt with plantar fasciitis. She was on crutches for 2 weeks, which is not easy as she is a teacher and softball coach. She also had the cortisone shot which seems to have done the trick.

stealth8

I had this for almost a year and it is very painful. The best treatment option that I was told was to ice only the area that is inflamed. I was told to fill a small Dixie cup with water then freeze it. At least twice aday apply the ice only to the affected area,not the whole foot. Very important to apply only to the painful area. That along with stretching your foot out first thing in the morning before stepping out of bed, and wearing NB 926 cured me in about 6 weeks. Give it a try and good luck, I feel your pain!! Stealth8

metrophillyslub

I myself have never had plantar fasciitis but have in the past 11 years had 8 foot an ankle surgeries. 6 on the one foot and 2 on the other. Some involved the achilles tendon, some involved the peroneal tendon and finally an OCD . As everyone with foot problems at our job know its no fun working with pain in your feet or ankles as it takes up your every day thoughts as the pain worsens. i wearnew balance 505 and comfort wise has helped somewhat. Stretching helps! Good luck to the one going through these foot problems!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I guess I have been really lucky. My feet are in great shape. I have never had any ailments of the feet other than dry skin, which I get during the summer, I think because I go barefoot all the time. I hate shoes, only wear them when I have to. I have always been that way, since I was little. Maybe this was a blessing in the long run.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
The first time I wore my NB I did not have one blister, they fit that well.

Will NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER wear anything but NB!!!! My feet where so jacked up from wearing other brands that when I finally decided to go to NB, I felt like a new person!!:happy-very:

I had a corn on the inside of my small toe for approx 1.5 years and no matter what I did, it would never go away. Then after purchasing NB, 2.5 weeks later it COMPLETELY went away and has never returned in 2 years!

P

pickup

I too have been suffering with this problem and now it has turned into achilles tendonitis. I have custom made orthos which help and I wear a night splint to stretch the tendon at night. I have 4 spurs, 2 in each foot. I do stretching exercises every morning and every once in awhile if it flairs up really bad my doctor will send me to therapy and give me a cortizone shot. He said he will only do surgery as a last resort, but everything else seems to work. It is awful to deal with this kind of pain day in and out. Good luck with your treatments.

I am going to throw this out there because I get a little tight around that area, bordline case perhaps? I do my stretches, it helps but it does take effort. Every two weeks, I go for a full body massage , top to bottom(no happy endings), 75 dollars for an hour and 1/2 plus I throw the nice asian woman an extra twenty for her effort. I think that the massage loosens everything up that my achilles tendon doesn't have to compensate for the buttocks being so tight. Just my opinion, but treat yourself once and see if it makes a difference. You'll still enjoy it regardless , but be careful, you might get addicted.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I am going to throw this out there because I get a little tight around that area, bordline case perhaps? I do my stretches, it helps but it does take effort. Every two weeks, I go for a full body massage , top to bottom(no happy endings), 75 dollars for an hour and 1/2 plus I throw the nice asian woman an extra twenty for her effort. I think that the massage loosens everything up that my achilles tendon doesn't have to compensate for the buttocks being so tight. Just my opinion, but treat yourself once and see if it makes a difference. You'll still enjoy it regardless , but be careful, you might get addicted.
Ha Ha Ha, I thought a driver friend of mine was the only person to use this phrase. I do massages about every 3 weeks and it really helps for tight sore muscles. Full body is the way to go. I wait to get home for the "happy ending".:happy-very:

P

pickup

Ha Ha Ha, I thought a driver friend of mine was the only person to use this phrase. I do massages about every 3 weeks and it really helps for tight sore muscles. Full body is the way to go. I wait to get home for the "happy ending".:happy-very:

I wasn't familiar with the phrase until Jimmy Norton(a standup comedian and perennial co host on the opie and anthony show) mentioned it in regards to his getting massages. He even wrote a book called "Happy endings" and the cover of the book jacket shows him getting a massage.:surprised:

I prefer the older asian woman giving me the massage, sometimes I get the young girls and long john silver starts creating "problems" but the girl takes it par for the course and I guess she doesn't find it unusual. I go to a legitimate place , I don't want a happy ending

P

pickup

Let me also throw this out there. About a year and half ago, I was increasingly having problems with the first step in the morning. But my mind didn't go to plantar faschitis , it went to gout. I knew of a truck driver who was a heavy meat eater and drinker but his drinking was kept in check by having to drive. Well, he retired and one day I saw him on the street hobbling about with a cane and he told me he had gout and he explained what caused it. High protein consumption and drinking.

Well, anyway, I said to myself , shoot that looks painful but after what I read here about plantar faschitis, the symptoms sound similar

Well, when I got up that cold january morning and experienced the same pain that he described that is where my mind went. I also realized before hand that my meat consumption was really high and this seemed to confirm it. I don't drink so that wasn't a factor (that's why you haven't seen me in the beer thread). Anyway I made an effort to cut back and I felt continuous relief from day one. I also started going for the massages and found there were other factors. I shy away from doctors because sometimes their need for a tennis court or swimming pool conflicts with the best course of treatment(I won't even say "my opinion", we know this to be the sad state of many in the medical profession)

Anyway, today, I am a borderline vegetarian. I will eat my fish, and occassionally, have a small piece of chicken from the salad bar. But if I were to have that frankfurter(and they really do taste great) , my stomach would reel within 15 minutes. By no means, am I telling anyone to become a vegetarian but the cutback approach worked for me and now my stomach is telling me I am stuck with where I am at.

I'll include this little bit from wikipedia about gout :

Gout usually attacks the big toe (approximately 75 percent of first attacks); however, it also can affect other joints such as the ankle, heel, instep, knee, wrist, elbow, fingers, or spine. In some cases, the condition may appear in the joints of small toes that have become immobile due to impact injury earlier in life; the resulting poor blood circulation can lead to gout.

My friend that I alluded to earlier had gout right in his heel , which for all intents and purposes was the same pain as plantar fa****is.

So, I guess, my question to those who suffer from this, does it feel ten times worse on a sunday morning after a later saturday afternoon barbecue and drink fest?

P

pickup

I guess I have been really lucky. My feet are in great shape. I have never had any ailments of the feet other than dry skin, which I get during the summer, I think because I go barefoot all the time. I hate shoes, only wear them when I have to. I have always been that way, since I was little. Maybe this was a blessing in the long run.

here's your song dilligaf. It's a nice song. Anyway , you'll get it after the first three words of the song.

[video=youtube;26acmdI1Kls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26acmdI1Kls[/video]

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I wasn't familiar with the phrase until Jimmy Norton(a standup comedian and perennial co host on the opie and anthony show) mentioned it in regards to his getting massages. He even wrote a book called "Happy endings" and the cover of the book jacket shows him getting a massage.:surprised:

I prefer the older asian woman giving me the massage, sometimes I get the young girls and long john silver starts creating "problems" but the girl takes it par for the course and I guess she doesn't find it unusual. I go to a legitimate place , I don't want a happy ending
My girl works out of her house. Funny story here for ya. Her husband is a former FedEx guy that I've known for years. We used to play softball together with a bunch of other FedEx guys, before I even started at UPS.

P

pickup

My girl works out of her house. Funny story here for ya. Her husband is a former FedEx guy that I've known for years. We used to play softball together with a bunch of other FedEx guys, before I even started at UPS.

Well, now we need to play hardball with them