Playoff picks

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Looking at London.

It appears that the Rams have the short ath to becoming our London NFC team. (and y'all thought it was Jacksonville)
STL v. NE?

Come on. I need something more exciting like Texans v. Saints.

Is it September yet?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know what the fuss is all about, I think Steve Tyler did a great job on the anthem. When you hire Steven Tyler, you get Steven Tyler. If you want beauty and gentility, then hire Sarah MCLaughan.

If you don't see down Steven Tyler's throat, then he's not trying.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't know what the fuss is all about, I think Steve Tyler did a great job on the anthem. When you hire Steven Tyler, you get Steven Tyler. If you want beauty and gentility, then hire Sarah MCLaughan.

I like Aerosmith and Tyler. I don't think his performance was up to par.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

I loved Steven Tyler and it sent chills down my spine when he did his trademark scream.
More is right. You know what you get when you get Tyler.
I loved it.
I can also feel it.
Because I know he believes and lives every moment as a American.
The fans sang along.

HIGH Quality: STEVEN TYLER Sings National Anthem - YouTube

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Oooh I agree, no doubt about it. Steven Tyler has a raw quality and that is the trademark of his music. I believe that is his appeal. Even so, there is usually a smoothness to his performances and I just felt that it was lacking a little.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Oooh I agree, no doubt about it. Steven Tyler has a raw quality and that is the trademark of his music. I believe that is his appeal. Even so, there is usually a smoothness to his performances and I just felt that it was lacking a little.
I agree. Not his best.
He added his flair to the national anthem.
I'll give him props though, he seemed to sing it with a lot of emotion, which, perhaps, is more important.

My opinion.

I think he his older than Ed Hoculi.
And for all the hard living (I have read - I do not know from experience or factual.) he has endured and to sing with out a band or Hooby by his side. Tyler did quite well.

(And of course, I would have prefered Bon Jovi or TK but what can I say. Tyler is a Boston man.)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree. Not his best.
He added his flair to the national anthem.
I'll give him props though, he seemed to sing it with a lot of emotion, which, perhaps, is more important.

My opinion.

I think he his older than Ed Hoculi.
And for all the hard living (I have read - I do not know from experience or factual.) he has endured and to sing with out a band or Hooby by his side. Tyler did quite well.

(And of course, I would have prefered Bon Jovi or TK but what can I say. Tyler is a Boston man.)
I listened to it again, thanks for posting it. Maybe he just had a sore throat, maybe it was just my imagination. LOL Everything he sings he sings with a lot of emotion. He is definitely a very passionate musician.

PS did you know EH was born on Christmas day? I know, silly question. Ed is 62 (12/25/50), Steven is 64 (3/26/48).

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

I listened to it again, thanks for posting it. Maybe he just had a sore throat, maybe it was just my imagination. LOL Everything he sings he sings with a lot of emotion. He is definitely a very passionate musician.

PS did you know EH was born on Christmas day? I know, silly question. Ed is 62 (12/25/50), Steven is 64 (3/26/48).

(Born in Milwaukee!!)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
One game left, what does everyone think ?
Tough call, I like both teams so it won't break my heart either way. I really just want to see a good game with the outcome in doubt all the way to the end and both teams fighting to make the last play.