Please clarify

clean hairy

I apologize if this is something I missed.
Sean says we will have a new contract by Aug 1, 2023
Is he saying a contract to vote on by Aug 1, or a new contract ratified by Aug 1?
Again, sorrt if I missed this previously!

Trucker Clock

I apologize if this is something I missed.
Sean says we will have a new contract by Aug 1, 2023
Is he saying a contract to vote on by Aug 1, or a new contract ratified by Aug 1?
Again, sorrt if I missed this previously!

He is saying a contract that he is satisfied with, and recommends a yes vote on, sent to the members for a vote. If their is no handshake agreement by August 1, he will not extend the current agreement. The strike clause will be implemented.

If there is a handshake agreement just before August 1, he will extend the contract until the vote comes back because it is a contract that he recommends.

And, unlike Hoffa, if O'Brien recommends a contract, and we turn it down, it will be because of the people who will vote no on the contract no matter what the terms are because they just want to strike.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
He is saying a contract that he is satisfied with, and recommends a yes vote on, sent to the members for a vote. If their is no handshake agreement by August 1, he will not extend the current agreement. The strike clause will be implemented.

If there is a handshake agreement just before August 1, he will extend the contract until the vote comes back because it is a contract that he recommends.

And, unlike Hoffa, if O'Brien recommends a contract, and we turn it down, it will be because of the people who will vote no on the contract no matter what the terms are because they just want to strike.

No one in their right mind wants a strike...the good news is that O’Brien will not permit any vote without his final approval and handshake. I believe he is going to start negotiating the Supplements and Riders before starting on the Master. Carey did not allow a vote without his final approval ignoring the cries of the entitled membership, he knew that anything presented to our members even if it was crap would pass. Far too many are still looking for Number One and would sell out the rest of our members in a heartbeat..

If the Company starts dragging their feet with
those supplements and riders the less time they will have to deal with the Master. In the past the Company has refused to improve our Individual Supplemental and Rider language and purposely extended the deadline knowing full well that the previous administration would never play that strike card.

nWo

No way everything is ratified by Aug 1st. Whatever handshake agreement they make won't get a Yes vote. Then whenever the master does pass we will have supplements being voted down for several more months.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
they lied about 22.4s
they lied about reducing OT
they treated us like dirt through coronavirus
they asked us how many hours we wanted then crushed us ..😂😂

We need to strike!
🧔‍♂️✊

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No way everything is ratified by Aug 1st. Whatever handshake agreement they make won't get a Yes vote. Then whenever the master does pass we will have supplements being voted down for several more months.
Do you go to your locals meetings? The locals have been instructed to negotiate the supplements starting in January and have them wrapped up by March/April. Then they will sit down and negotiate the Master. Not saying I agree with it, but Sean doesn’t want to be held hostage by the same old stalling by the same old locals.

Do you go to your locals meetings? The locals have been instructed to negotiate the supplements starting in January and have them wrapped up by March/April. Then they will sit down and negotiate the Master. Not saying I agree with it, but Sean doesn’t want to be held hostage by the same old stalling by the same old locals.
That's a very smart decision.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That's a very smart decision.

It could be. But it doesn’t allow the supplements to address any potential changes to the master that would affect local practices. Could be a problem too.

The Master usually contains language about the GWI’s raises and Pension and Health and Welfare contributions. Some of those supplements and riders sometimes have pension, vacation and time off formulas that affect their members. If O’Brien negotiates increases or improvements in those before the Master he will be able to negotiate the needed monetary contributions for those improvements.

Not sure how Hoffa negotiated previous Contracts, did he even attempt to negotiate the supplemental and riders before tackling the Master? I do recall back in 2002 Bill L was the chief negotiator at first and got replaced by Ken H when there was slow process at the negotiating table. The Company saw that and applied the same stalling tactics to the rest of the Hoffa led Contracts. Hence the definition of the remark “Where’s my repro check” (I deserve it)....

:people_crybaby:

Last edited: