Please clarify

Trucker Clock

seems to be the thing to do now

they screwed us last contract šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
no one remember?

TIME TO STRIKE
šŸ§”ā€ā™‚ļøāœŠ

Someone else who will vote a contract down, no matter whatā€™s in it, just for spite and payback.

You going to strike the Teamsters?

Theyā€™re the ones that screwed us last contract. We voted it down. UPS was willing to come back to the table. Hoffa screwed you, not UPS.

100%

I apologize if this is something I missed.
Sean says we will have a new contract by Aug 1, 2023
Is he saying a contract to vote on by Aug 1, or a new contract ratified by Aug 1?
Again, sorrt if I missed this previously!
He said no extension, so that means ratified by august 1.

MECH-lift

Union Brother āœŠšŸ§” RPCD
Someone else who will vote a contract down, no matter whatā€™s in it, just for spite and payback.

You going to strike the Teamsters?

Theyā€™re the ones that screwed us last contract. We voted it down. UPS was willing to come back to the table. Hoffa screwed you, not UPS.
Yeah youā€™re right , šŸ¤¬ them too..

Strike no matter what..
šŸ§”ā€ā™‚ļøāœŠ

100%

That's not what he said and not what he meant. It's always funny when people comment on something that they think they know but have no idea what they're talking about.
You know whatā€™s even more funny clown? Smh

Attachments

• 33F838A6-74F5-48E8-83ED-38092DA6E29D.jpeg
    33F838A6-74F5-48E8-83ED-38092DA6E29D.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 43

Trucker Clock

You know whatā€™s even more funny clown? Smh

Calling me a clown when you still have no idea what you're talking about?

I'm typing this real slow so that you can comprehend. I know it is difficult for you, but if you try real hard and pay attention, you may actually learn something.

Here is what you said...

He said no extension

That is not what he said.

so that means ratified by august 1.

Wrong again.

It does not mean ratified. If the Union and Company have a signed deal by August 1, but not ratified yet, does that mean that O'Brien will extend the current contract until the voting comes in? Yes.

Here is exactly what he said. He said he will not extend negotiations past August 1. As long as O'Brien and the Company have agreed to a contract by August 1, we will keep working while we vote on it. If there is no agreement by August 1, he will not extend negotiations any further and we will be hitting the pavement.

Here you go. And it is in quotes because this is exactly what he said. I even highlighted the key phrase. If you still don't understand, maybe you can go down to your local school and ask any second grade student to explain it to you a little better.

"UPS would not have its billion-dollar profits without hardworking Teamsters. Our message to UPS is that it's time our contract reflects the essential work of our members. The Teamsters are resolved to win a strong contract by August 1, 2023, and we won't extend negotiations by a single day. We'll either have a signed agreement that day or be hitting the pavement."

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Calling me a clown when you still have no idea what you're talking about?

I'm typing this real slow so that you can comprehend. I know it is difficult for you, but if you try real hard and pay attention, you may actually learn something.

Here is what you said...

That is not what he said.

Wrong again.

It does not mean ratified. If the Union and Company have a signed deal by August 1, but not ratified yet, does that mean that O'Brien will extend the current contract until the voting comes in? Yes.

Here is exactly what he said. He said he will not extend negotiations past August 1. As long as O'Brien and the Company have agreed to a contract by August 1, we will keep working while we vote on it. If there is no agreement by August 1, he will not extend negotiations any further and we will be hitting the pavement.

Here you go. And it is in quotes because this is exactly what he said. I even highlighted the key phrase. If you still don't understand, maybe you can go down to your local school and ask any second grade student to explain it to you a little better.

"UPS would not have its billion-dollar profits without hardworking Teamsters. Our message to UPS is that it's time our contract reflects the essential work of our members. The Teamsters are resolved to win a strong contract by August 1, 2023, and we won't extend negotiations by a single day. We'll either have a signed agreement that day or be hitting the pavement."

We all will have to define what ā€œa signed agreement meansā€ ? šŸ¤”

Trucker Clock

We all will have to define what ā€œa signed agreement meansā€ ? šŸ¤”

O'Brien already clarified it. He said he will not extend negotiations past August 1. A signed agreement means exactly that. An agreement that he and the company signed off on that will be sent to the members for a vote. He expects it to pass if he signed off on it.

Hoffa always extended the contracts while they continued to negotiate. O'Brien said he will not negotiate past August 1. A signed deal or we walk.

ManInBrown

Unlike the last clowns led by the King clown Hoffa, I have full faith in Sean until he proves otherwise. I donā€™t think for one second heā€™s talking a good game. I think it will be backed up with his actions. Only time will tell for sure though.

Trucker Clock

Unlike the last clowns led by the King clown Hoffa, I have full faith in Sean until he proves otherwise. I donā€™t think for one second heā€™s talking a good game. I think it will be backed up with his actions. Only time will tell for sure though.

The only thing that worries me is that he is basically a thug. Is it going to come down to a size contest or does he really have our best interests in mind?

AMC79

No one in their right mind wants a strike...the good news is that Oā€™Brien will not permit any vote without his final approval and handshake. I believe he is going to start negotiating the Supplements and Riders before starting on the Master. Carey did not allow a vote without his final approval ignoring the cries of the entitled membership, he knew that anything presented to our members even if it was crap would pass. Far too many are still looking for Number One and would sell out the rest of our members in a heartbeat..

If the Company starts dragging their feet with
those supplements and riders the less time they will have to deal with the Master. In the past the Company has refused to improve our Individual Supplemental and Rider language and purposely extended the deadline knowing full well that the previous administration would never play that strike card.
"No one in their right mind wants a strike"? I think a lot of overworked drivers would love to have some time off to rest. I would.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
:strikesmileys:"No one in their right mind wants a strike"? I think a lot of overworked drivers would love to have some time off to rest. I would.

You will still have to walk the picket line in order to get paid...

No ā€œrestā€ for the wicked...