Please clarify

kforte36

"No one in their right mind wants a strike"? I think a lot of overworked drivers would love to have some time off to rest. I would.
A strike is what's necessary. The company is not just going to lay down and agree to increase its expenses by paying union members more money. You'd have to be a fool to believe that. What's the point of our union if we aren't willing to strike? If we continue to agree with what corporate wants then nothing ever changes in our favor.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A strike is what's necessary. The company is not just going to lay down and agree to increase its expenses by paying union members more money. You'd have to be a fool to believe that. What's the point of our union if we aren't willing to strike? If we continue to agree with what corporate wants then nothing ever changes in our favor.

Don’t you think you should see the proposal before you start jumping up and down
SMH

FT UPS Teamsters make over $40/hr with a Cadillac health insurance plan and a lifetime pension that pays more than a lot of Americans earn working and it isn't enough. Go work at Amazon or FedEx and see how much your labor is worth.

kforte36

Are you psychic do you have a mole on the inside or are you just making this up

If it’s not what the members think it should be then it will be time to think about going in another direction
I don't have anyone on the inside. I'm just using common sense. Why would the company agree to pay drivers more and decrease its profits? They are already cutting costs and will continue to do so. This isn't hard to figure out.

kforte36

FT UPS Teamsters make over $40/hr with a Cadillac health insurance plan and a lifetime pension that pays more than a lot of Americans earn working and it isn't enough. Go work at Amazon or FedEx and see how much your labor is worth.
I am a UPS driver but am confused by your statement

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Selected limited strikes work the best.
No need to shut the whole system down, just enough to jam up one or two regions.
Better have a sizeable reserve fund handy.

I always enjoyed those large retro checks. { back pay for working without a contract in place. }

allahuakbar

She/Her
But $40 an hour at this point is basically minimum wage. Totally not worth the back pain.

Zowert

He is saying a contract that he is satisfied with, and recommends a yes vote on, sent to the members for a vote. If their is no handshake agreement by August 1, he will not extend the current agreement. The strike clause will be implemented.

If there is a handshake agreement just before August 1, he will extend the contract until the vote comes back because it is a contract that he recommends.

And, unlike Hoffa, if O'Brien recommends a contract, and we turn it down, it will be because of the people who will vote no on the contract no matter what the terms are because they just want to strike.
I don’t get that mentality of wanting to strike just to go on strike, but I know a couple guys who are like that. The company could offer them $50/hr, increased pension, no forced OT, etc. and they’d still vote no. Stupid.