Please Help 22.3 jobs?.. "on topic"

Is the union staying on top of 22.3 job creation to ensure the 2,350 promised?

• No

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

UPS PT VET

Please Help. Who can I call or where can I find the number of how many 22.3 jobs were created From part time jobs totaling the 2,350 promised per Article 22 Sec. 3. I have already asked my local they gave me an answer of "no one knows"... SO... I'm thinking there must be some sort of record keeping that the Teamsters has that lists all of their UPS members and their titles i.e.. X amount of drivers, X amount of part timers, X amount of 22.3 full timers. Who can I contact or Where can I find this?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Please Help. Who can I call or where can I find the number of how many 22.3 jobs were created From part time jobs totaling the 2,350 promised per Article 22 Sec. 3. I have already asked my local they gave me an answer of "no one knows"... SO... I'm thinking there must be some sort of record keeping that the Teamsters has that lists all of their UPS members and their titles i.e.. X amount of drivers, X amount of part timers, X amount of 22.3 full timers. Who can I contact or Where can I find this?
The 22.3 positions are supposed to be strictly audited by the IBT.I have my doubts though. Maybe a place to start is to email Sean O'Brien since he is now the head package person. Maybe you will get and answer and post it here.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Your local should have a specific amount and they should be policing that that amount is adhered to

UPS PT VET

yes I know that's kind of why I'm on a solo mission and asking who else I can find out from also I am looking for a National number to see if the obligation has been fulfilled..

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They create them in the large hubs. Usually in the last year of the contract. We got like 10 new ones this year.

22.34life

A whole lot of the 22.3 jobs were also created as package car jobs too,the jobs were created under the article but are not true 22.3 combo jobs.if u look on the center seniority list u can see which package car jobs are under the 22.3 article.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't think contract states created from p/t ranks just that x number must be created.

What ?

That's what a 22.3 job is.

It's created from combining 2 part-time jobs.

A whole lot of the 22.3 jobs were also created as package car jobs too,the jobs were created under the article but are not true 22.3 combo jobs.if u look on the center seniority list u can see which package car jobs are under the 22.3 article.

There is no such thing.... as a 22.3 "package car" job.

Are you confusing that with a 22.3 Air/Combo job ?

So when the company says this building has x amount of 22.3 jobs they are technically in compliance.

Nope.

22.3 jobs are not "building specific".

There is no guarantee. Maintaining the the total number, is what counts.

When a 22.3 job is vacated, the company can move it to another location.

(unless your supplement says different)

Tracking the 22.3 jobs, has been an ongoing dispute for years.

-Bug-

22.34life

The o.p seems to be under the impression that 22.3 jobs are filled from p/t only and this is not the case and bigunionguy there are many,many package car jobs that are CREATED under article 22.3 and they count toward the totall number of combo jobs created even though they are not two part time jobs combined ask your business agent about it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The o.p seems to be under the impression that 22.3 jobs are filled from p/t only and this is not the case and bigunionguy there are many,many package car jobs that are CREATED under article 22.3 and they count toward the totall number of combo jobs created even though they are not two part time jobs combined

Absolutely wrong.

Ask your business agent about it.

Really ?

Ask myself ?

-Bug-