Pointless Changes

JL 0513

They do this update but still waiting for the DIAD to start asking delivery location again without having to hit back button to select. Right now it defaults to "other". I refuse to keep hitting back button so all my deliveries are other.

PPH_over_9000

They do this update but still waiting for the DIAD to start asking delivery location again without having to hit back button to select. Right now it defaults to "other". I refuse to keep hitting back button so all my deliveries are other.

Do you not take the picture?

Honestly, I'm not worried about it if the company's not worried about it. If all they want is a picture that includes no personally identifiable visible cues and just a package on a doorstep, well shoot, I'm game. Business as usual to me, it's just I hit a different button than i used to now and oftentimes that new button causes my DIAD to freeze and lag in new and unexpected way, forcing a restart.

You know how much you get paid every time you restart? I've counted often. Takes 3 minutes most of the time (there were a few flukes much longer AND much shorter than that.) That's 3 minutes paid, just to watch your DIAD reboot.

When the new DIAD first rolled out, I remember there were days where I had to force quit or restart 20+ times.

When you get numb to the frustration, that's a whole lot of easy money.

JL 0513

Honestly, I'm not worried about it if the company's not worried about it. If all they want is a picture that includes no personally identifiable visible cues and just a package on a doorstep, well shoot, I'm game. Business as usual to me, it's just I hit a different button than i used to now.
I do. I guess it's intentional to not have us select location since the picture indicates location.

PPH_over_9000

I do. I guess it's intentional to not have us select location since the picture indicates location.

It would make sense. I hadn't noticed that, though.

The only time I even mess with the delivery location screen is when a resi customer has designated a preferred delivery spot.

JL 0513

I was told today we no longer worry about not in between 12 and 1? First I’ve heard of that.
Others have mentioned this in past weeks. I hope that comes here. Almost no business closes between 12-1. It's almost always that they're closed for the day and is so annoying to have to go back later in order to sheet closed.

Thebrownblob

Others have mentioned this in past weeks. I hope that comes here. Almost no business closes between 12-1. It's almost always that they're closed for the day and is so annoying to have to go back later in order to sheet closed.
Well, I have no idea how long it’s been enforced here. I just found out today accidentally, kind of blew my mind.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

Honestly, I'm not worried about it if the company's not worried about it. If all they want is a picture that includes no personally identifiable visible cues and just a package on a doorstep, well shoot, I'm game. Business as usual to me, it's just I hit a different button than i used to now and oftentimes that new button causes my DIAD to freeze and lag in new and unexpected way, forcing a restart.

You know how much you get paid every time you restart? I've counted often. Takes 3 minutes most of the time (there were a few flukes much longer AND much shorter than that.) That's 3 minutes paid, just to watch your DIAD reboot.

When the new DIAD first rolled out, I remember there were days where I had to force quit or restart 20+ times.

When you get numb to the frustration, that's a whole lot of easy money.
It’s faster if you just clear the app. Just swipe up and hit the square button and Clear All. The delivery screen is back in under a minute fully reset.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
All the business I deliver to is gone between that time…..

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Did this update happen mid shift on Friday or am I crazy? I'm literally half way thru my day and I'm like "WTF are these blue icons now, this is a useless change".