Pointless Changes

JL 0513

We were told at PCM months ago not to go back and input location. All of us were doing it and we were instructed not too. Take the picture and go, they don’t care.
That's what I do and burrheadd said something about ending up in the office. Can't understand what he meant.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Any of you feeders see they finally took out the spot for the 3rd dolly??? Guess they figured someone might actually try to take 3 trailers and 3 dollies somewhere. Some bean counter really earned their pay for the day with that big change.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Blue icons?
1699894380794.jpeg

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Well, I have no idea how long it’s been enforced here. I just found out today accidentally, kind of blew my mind.
It’s been gone for awhile now. They just never told anyone. I found out about it over a year ago by a loose lipped on road. Honestly they don’t even care about late air anymore unless it’s a medical one. Misloads have been missed for about a year now and we also don’t process packages after 8:45. It’s held until the next day. Airs included.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Someone needs to justify their job?
Just like the jerk off who changed the easily readable and identifiable FL1/FL2 to FDR and FDL which gave instant dyslexia to preload when taking the RDL and RDRs into account. I still whack my elbows and shoulders on those white bars protruding out of the shelves that were the first attempts at preventing misloads. IT is about as useless as HR. At least UPS got rid of that.

JL 0513

It’s been gone for awhile now. They just never told anyone. I found out about it over a year ago by a loose lipped on road. Honestly they don’t even care about late air anymore unless it’s a medical one. Misloads have been missed for about a year now and we also don’t process packages after 8:45. It’s held until the next day. Airs included.
It's like we work at different companies. This is a good way to lose any business we have left.

BrownSnowFlake

Also you don’t have to report accidents unless it’s over $100 in property damage

DOK

That one I can't understand. So no such thing as missed service anymore? Meanwhile, every morning's PCM is pounding in the point that service is everything right now in order to keep and win back business lost during contract talks. 12-1 is one thing, but sheeting a business closed when you get around to it at 8pm is another.
Hard to believe but I verified multiple times, that’s the way it is here now anyway.

JL 0513

Hard to believe but I verified multiple times, that’s the way it is here now anyway.
This company is so fragmented in how it runs all the time. I would think directives would come down from corporate for consistency but over the years I have realized we all work under different flavors of the month and even bigger differences such as this 12-1 and after 5 issue.

To this day, our PCMs on Holidays remind us to not sheet closed [Holiday] during those times.

Why does one area enforce Orion compliance (or end up in the office like in my building) and another area totally ignores its existence? Who does management have to answer to with these directives if it's not ultimately corporate? There's district then regional level management. Sounds like they are doing what they want without instruction from the top.

BrownSnowFlake

Here’s another one I just noticed today. The roads on my map used to be white lines. Now they’re more of a charcoal gray.

This has really made a difference in the way I do my job.

Any other pointless changes you’ve noticed? Keep ‘em coming.