police brutality

It will be fine

Have you thought through the ramifications of no police? What if a nut started firing an AR-15 into a crowd? Is that just the price you pay to have no police? Think residents and businesses of a no police city won't move out to suburbs that do have cops? A major hit to the tax base and less ability to help the poor.
No one is advocating for no police. Stop believing propaganda and read the actual proposals. Do you really need a man a gun to come write up a report for a fender bender?

vantexan

No one is advocating for no police. Stop believing propaganda and read the actual proposals. Do you really need a man a gun to come write up a report for a fender bender?
You need to look at Minneapolis. And L.A.'s mayor just said he was going to cut $150 million from the police. Most major cities I'm familiar with have traffic cops to deal with fender benders. Different uniform, different attitude. And by the way Black Lives Matter is advocating for no police.

It will be fine

You need to look at Minneapolis. And L.A.'s mayor just said he was going to cut $150 million from the police. Most major cities I'm familiar with have traffic cops to deal with fender benders. Different uniform, different attitude. And by the way Black Lives Matter is advocating for no police.
Nope. You’re wrong.

vantexan

The schools are failing too. Defund them. Open cheap, better charter schools.
It seems there's considerable scope for reductions in some of our highest spending cities when it comes to school funding. Amazing how in Democrat run cities there's the highest per capita spending on students in the country yet many students can't pass basic skills tests. If one were a cynic one might conclude a lot of that money spent is ending up in the bank accounts of the leadership.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Probably because that is a gross oversimplification of the issue. Does anyone really believe resisting arrest should carry a death sentence without trial? I don’t see how that fits with law and order.
Maybe because your issue is a gross amplification of a statistically insignificant occurrence. Does anyone really believe resisting arrest results in death at a frequency that is even worth discussing? I don't see how that fits within any semblance of rational thought.

rickyb

1591814766652.png

nice! he was a bad dude

rickyb

in the 1960s and 1970s with the ralph nader reforms, vietnam protests, womens rights, civil rights, it was described by some elites as "an excess of democracy", as if too much democracy is a bad thing. the 1980s began with the corporate attack in response which has carried on to today. we survey the wreckage:

1591815682794.png