POLL: With the details of the Tentative Agreement out, What is your vote?

What is your vote with the details available in the 2013 Tentative Agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 33 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 207 86.3%

• Total voters

Newport2

Its a NO here in SoCal!(please post where you are,so WE can get a feel how each region is feeling)
There is no reason why we are being offered LESS! UPS did not make LESS! They've been able to pay for whats being taking away,and still make $$$$! Don't settle for LESS!

UPS Preloader

Word is not getting out fast enough, there should be more votes on this poll. If my fellow brothers and teamsters want this TA not to pass you have to get active at your center and talk to everyone and tell them this is a crappy contract and to vote.

Equally important to getting the word out to motivate the PT's to vote. The PT's need to work on the FT's and sway some votes especially here in New England where I feel the general consensus of the FT's is to vote yes on national contract.

I'm starting to feel. The union will not let this contract fail. If you understand what i mean. They gave a half hearted effort. Imo. Every yr I don't trust the union. More and more. The union needs Ups to even survive. That's Why Ups has the upper hand in negotiations for every contract. And,they know it.
Us 20yr plus guys are now an expense to the union. Will they really fight to save you your job. If management dreams up a dishonesty theory. Sure it goes to a panel. Your fate belongs to 5 people who are payed way too much. And, don't really care about some ya who. They know nothing about. Ups will use this without a doubt. It's the heartless truth. We all know this.
We are just a pawn in a chess game!

UPS Preloader

Did UPS “Pants” the Teamsters?
Host of CNBC’s “Mad Money” Says Brown “Pummeled” The Teamsters
Jim Cramer, the host of CNBC’s Mad Money, went off on our new contract at UPS, telling viewers that the company “pantsed” and “pummeled” the Teamsters and that “Jimmy Hoffa must be rolling over in his Giants Stadium grave.”
Cramer cited the contract as one of the major reasons that UPS is a good bet to deliver higher profits over the rest of the year. Cramer said the contract will save UPS $640 million over the next five years by allowing UPS to pay new drivers less than the top rate.
Cramer called the giveback “a classic example of a union hosing over people who aren’t members yet.”
We don’t know how he calculated the $640 million. But we do know of other huge money-makers for the company in the contract.
By the fifth year of this contract, elimination of the full-time job creation clause in this contract will save approximately $480 million per year for UPS, every year. The union gave away the language in Article 22.3 that required UPS to create 10,000 new full-time combo jobs over the life of the contract.
Splitting 43,000 workers out of the Central States Pension Plan was the single most valuable concession UPS management got from the union. The savings will be many billions over the years—far more than the $6.3 billion the company paid to pull out of Central States.
No wonder UPS management bragged to the Wall Street Journal on July 23 about the big savings the company will get in the new contract
CNBC’s Cramer agrees: “I can’t overemphasize the importance of this contract to UPS. Personally, I love unions. But professionally I love companies that have crushed unions. And UPS, you know what they just did: They pantsed the Teamsters!”

newtothis

No on both!!!!

Tentative Local Supplement(Local 804)

Potential outcomes to voting yes:

Direct hit to income:
• one VCD hired per driver out on vacation as per supplement could leave VCD drivers with no route if split/cover drivers fill all spots. If that happens what could the company do? Maybe remove work from routes to create splits for the VCD to do. Which can potentially take OT from full time package drivers

• although you may receive your much desired summer vacation, the potential loss in OT will directly impact your income. Making the summer vacation week less desirable.

"Recommended" Pension Increase:
• Upon ratification the pension increase is only a "recommendation", not a guarantee. We cannot vote yes just to hope that this proposal will pass. Hope is not a plan.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Did UPS “Pants” the Teamsters?

Host of CNBC’s “Mad Money” Says Brown “Pummeled” The Teamsters
Jim Cramer, the host of CNBC’s Mad Money, went off on our new contract at UPS, telling viewers that the company “pantsed” and “pummeled” the Teamsters and that “Jimmy Hoffa must be rolling over in his Giants Stadium grave.”
Cramer cited the contract as one of the major reasons that UPS is a good bet to deliver higher profits over the rest of the year. Cramer said the contract will save UPS $640 million over the next five years by allowing UPS to pay new drivers less than the top rate.
Cramer called the giveback “a classic example of a union hosing over people who aren’t members yet.”
We don’t know how he calculated the $640 million. But we do know of other huge money-makers for the company in the contract.
By the fifth year of this contract, elimination of the full-time job creation clause in this contract will save approximately $480 million per year for UPS, every year. The union gave away the language in Article 22.3 that required UPS to create 10,000 new full-time combo jobs over the life of the contract.
Splitting 43,000 workers out of the Central States Pension Plan was the single most valuable concession UPS management got from the union. The savings will be many billions over the years—far more than the $6.3 billion the company paid to pull out of Central States.
No wonder UPS management bragged to the Wall Street Journal on July 23 about the big savings the company will get in the new contract
CNBC’s Cramer agrees: “I can’t overemphasize the importance of this contract to UPS. Personally, I love unions. But professionally I love companies that have crushed unions. And UPS, you know what they just did: They pantsed the Teamsters!”

I believe this was describing the last contract. Thanks though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Direct hit to income:
• one VCD hired per driver out on vacation as per supplement could leave VCD drivers with no route if split/cover drivers fill all spots. If that happens what could the company do? Maybe remove work from routes to create splits for the VCD to do. Which can potentially take OT from full time package drivers

If your center is like ours you have a limited number of package cars so this may be a moot point; however, if there were enough package cars, why wouldn't you want your dispatch lowered, especially in the summer? VCD's are hired knowing that they do not have a daily guarantee and that they may/may not work on any given day. It is part of the deal. Your center team will not under dispatch you just to create routes for the lower-paid VCD's.

• although you may receive your much desired summer vacation, the potential loss in OT will directly impact your income. Making the summer vacation week less desirable.

I am on vacation this week. I always make more when I am on vacation than I do when I am working. Budget based on 40 hours----treat the OT as gravy.

• Upon ratification the pension increase is only a "recommendation", not a guarantee. We cannot vote yes just to hope that this proposal will pass. Hope is not a plan.

You are right---hope is not a plan and anyone voting "yes" solely for the possible pension increase needs to rethink their position.

FAVREFAN

To answer the original post........If 705 comes to me with this same b.s. offer, it's getting a big fat NO from me.
Needs to be $4.00 over 5 years, no splits and a catch up raise for part-timers.
I want the same insurance I have to remain in effect.
I will accept any of the other givebacks, but not these.
Peace.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Direct hit to income:

If your center is like ours you have a limited number of package cars so this may be a moot point; however, if there were enough package cars, why wouldn't you want your dispatch lowered, especially in the summer? VCD's are hired knowing that they do not have a daily guarantee and that they may/may not work on any given day. It is part of the deal. Your center team will not under dispatch you just to create routes for the lower-paid VCD's.

I am on vacation this week. I always make more when I am on vacation than I do when I am working. Budget based on 40 hours----treat the OT as gravy.

You are right---hope is not a plan and anyone voting "yes" solely for the possible pension increase needs to rethink their position.
Nothing to see in this post everybody... typical BS... move along, move along....