Positive Stories in General and COVID

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
University of Minnesota is going 'full-on MacGyver' against COVID-19

A prototype ventilator made at the University of Minnesota used a common red toolbox tray for its foundation.

Upon hearing that a surge of COVID-19 cases could consume all hospital ventilators, Dr. Stephen Richardson rummaged for parts in the medical device lab at the University of Minnesota and built a homemade version.

In a first test last week, the prototype kept a pig breathing for an hour and raised the prospect that low-budget ventilators could be built to solve a shortage. The makeshift ventilator was made from $150 in parts, with a motor ripped from another device and a red metal toolbox tray as its base.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

A prototype ventilator made at the University of Minnesota used a common red toolbox tray for its foundation.

Upon hearing that a surge of COVID-19 cases could consume all hospital ventilators, Dr. Stephen Richardson rummaged for parts in the medical device lab at the University of Minnesota and built a homemade version.

In a first test last week, the prototype kept a pig breathing for an hour and raised the prospect that low-budget ventilators could be built to solve a shortage. The makeshift ventilator was made from $150 in parts, with a motor ripped from another device and a red metal toolbox tray as its base.
thank you Rod!

cachmeifucan

Positive story me and the wife made a little over 105k 2019 with 2 kids I'm getting 3000 and I been working. Bad thing is it will probably go in her account IL never see a dime. Hey can anyone tell me why Macy's . Com is still selling shoes. So many companies still running they say are essential. I guess ups is very vital to the economy.

It will be fine

Positive story me and the wife made a little over 105k 2019 with 2 kids I'm getting 3000 and I been working. Bad thing is it will probably go in her account IL never see a dime. Hey can anyone tell me why Macy's . Com is still selling shoes. So many companies still running they say are essential. I guess ups is very vital to the economy.
You don’t want doctors to have shoes? Sickening.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to adapt cpap machines into ventilators. There's millions of them out there.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to adapt cpap machines into ventilators. There's millions of them out there.
I heard a doctor answer that suggestion and I didn’t pay close attention but it was something like not enough pressure.
Mine is on 14 units and that’s pretty strong but I guess not enough to pump up the lungs and keeping them from collapsing.

rickyb

THE FASCISTS HAVE AIDS!

upload_2020-3-26_18-45-14.png